GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Keown the Tart"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/03/03 at 20:15
Regular
Well, before I say anything it was a sending off!

He intended to hit Keown and thats a straight red!

But to go down like Keown did, it just proves how players just fall at anything!

He was caught slightly with the hand and didn't he make a meal of it afterwards!

It was like he had just been elbowed or something!

Oh, the perfect chance to use my new word I just learnt!

Keown, you fugly b*stard!
Wed 12/03/03 at 14:48
"High polygon count"
Doesn't matter if Wenger saw it or not - it wasn't an Arsenal player committing the foul. Totti was looking for Keown, raised a hand, caught him in the face - deliberately. Totti's behaviour was mentioned in commentary several times before the sending off. Credit to Keown for not responding - for a change!

It was *almost* identical to the Bergkamp/Bowyer incident, except for one thing - intent. You could see Totti look for Keown before he jumped, and deliberately pull his arm down towards the face. The difference between that and Bergkamp/Bowyer was that Bergkamp never once looked in Bowyer's direction.

Sure, Keown made the most of it, but it doesn't matter if it was a flick on the nose or a punch in the face - the *intent* was clearly there, and that's why - I believe - it was red and not yellow. Maybe if Totti had been concentrating on his job as much as assaulting Keown, Roma could have won the game!

That said, if he hadn't gone off, I think Arsenal would have won - so I was disappointed in the decision.
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:59
Regular
Oh, and more like keown the Tw@t!
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:58
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> You think Keown was bad.
>
> You should've seen Flavio Concaicao (sp?) against Newcastle.
>
> Keown fell like that once - Flavio did it 9 times. 9! Infuriating,
> as was that shocking excuse for a referee.

At least inter said they were gonna try and get them sent off before the game :)
Wed 12/03/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
He was probably blinded by Arsenal's awesome finishing! :-)
Wed 12/03/03 at 08:52
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You'll never believe this, but guess what?

Yes, that's right. Arsene Wenger didn't see the incident bewteen Keown and Totti. Apparently his view was obscured, and he hasn't watched a replay yet.

Does he sit facing the wrong way in the dugout? ;)
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:34
"High polygon count"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Arsenal couldn't score in a brothel...

True, no sex allowed before a game! :-)

Dire shooting tonight.
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Heh, that'd be 5 draws, wouldn't it?
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Keown went down like he had been shot...

Arsenal couldn't score in a brothel...

Roma should have won with 10 men...

*Shrug*

Personally I still think Arsenal will draw in Valencia and go through.
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You think Keown was bad.

You should've seen Flavio Concaicao (sp?) against Newcastle.

Keown fell like that once - Flavio did it 9 times. 9! Infuriating, as was that shocking excuse for a referee.
Tue 11/03/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Newcastle 2 - 2 Other Team

Did anybody just see Viera get taken out just then? He timed it perfectly when he went down, he also made it look like he was severly injured!

He then got up and walked off fine...

The Roma player just fell over a bit before and just got ignored because the dive was so bad!

These players are falling over far far too easily!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.