GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet Connection Sharing - (ASDL/Xbox LIVE)-wise"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 20:49
Regular
Um...

Yet another plea for help as I struggle to get my PC prepared for Xbox LIVE at the end of the week.

Okay, I was just in the process of setting up Internet Connection Sharing on my PC. I'm using the wizard to get everything running fine and it's now asking me to select my NETWORK adapter that I use.

Previous to this question I selected that I connect to the internet through a "HIGH SPEED CONNECTION" (e.g Broadband) as opposed to a "DIAL-UP CONNECTION".

However, in the window where it's asking me to chose my specific network adapter, only "DIAL-UP ADAPTER" and "AOL ADAPTER".

Obviously neither of these describe my broadband USB modem, so i'm guessing I shouldn't select either.

This leads me to ask... WHAT DO I DO? I would have expected to see some reference to my USB Broadband modem or network selection in this window, yet this isn't the case. What exactly do I do to set this up properly?

Thanks for your help,
Wed 12/03/03 at 09:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
phi11ip wrote:
> Yes you do have to pay for it, it's £50 a year and you get 2
> free demos with it...

No its £40 for the year which includes the starter kit as well as 3 demos now. Demos are MechAssault, Moto GP and Whacked.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:13
Regular
50 quid a year!

just to play games online.
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yes they do...

No you can't use modems on it before you ask, it's broadband only although 128kb/s does work on it..

Yes you do have to pay for it, it's £50 a year and you get 2 free demos with it...

No, it won't work with your PS2...
Tue 11/03/03 at 19:11
Regular
Do people use the xbox live yet.
Tue 11/03/03 at 19:09
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Dial up adapter is probably your USB modem
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Nasty boy wrote:
> just out of curiosity.
>
> When you play games on the xbox via adsl, you need a username and
> password.
>
> How do you put it in. Does the xbox have any operating system at all
> on it.

Well you get a starter disc that updates the console. This in turn allows you to register your details on the console and for your gamer tag.
Mon 10/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
just out of curiosity.

When you play games on the xbox via adsl, you need a username and password.

How do you put it in. Does the xbox have any operating system at all on it.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Um...

Yet another plea for help as I struggle to get my PC prepared for Xbox LIVE at the end of the week.

Okay, I was just in the process of setting up Internet Connection Sharing on my PC. I'm using the wizard to get everything running fine and it's now asking me to select my NETWORK adapter that I use.

Previous to this question I selected that I connect to the internet through a "HIGH SPEED CONNECTION" (e.g Broadband) as opposed to a "DIAL-UP CONNECTION".

However, in the window where it's asking me to chose my specific network adapter, only "DIAL-UP ADAPTER" and "AOL ADAPTER".

Obviously neither of these describe my broadband USB modem, so i'm guessing I shouldn't select either.

This leads me to ask... WHAT DO I DO? I would have expected to see some reference to my USB Broadband modem or network selection in this window, yet this isn't the case. What exactly do I do to set this up properly?

Thanks for your help,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.