GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA 06 is looking promising..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 06'.
Thu 11/08/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/fifa2006/preview_6130561.html[/URL]

Just read this hands-on preview from Gamespot and this year FIFA might actually be worth checking out. They apparently got rid of 3/4s of last years developing team and replaced them with a new on. They've also mentioned how the focus this year was to make it feel more like football. There was no big graphical update, no hyped new feature such as off the ball and first touch as they had the last two years, but they concentrated on the basics. The tackling, the dribbling, the passing, the shooting. All these are now less AI-assisted, more free-form like PES.

Read the link above and watch the video.

I wont keep my hopes up, but FIFA 06 could actually be good this year.

I hope so anyway.
Fri 12/08/05 at 13:28
Regular
Pro Evo looks awesome with the updated kits, badges etc.

Better than FIFA infact.
Fri 12/08/05 at 03:10
Regular
"Touched!"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's football.
>
> What do you want: pom-poms and glitter?

EA can manage it..why can't Konami?
Fri 12/08/05 at 02:39
Regular
"8==="
It's football.

What do you want: pom-poms and glitter?
Fri 12/08/05 at 02:30
Regular
"Touched!"
The Faces look good, but the overall graphics look rather bland.
Fri 12/08/05 at 01:42
Regular
bah, its cygan after he stayed out in the sun a little to long :)
Fri 12/08/05 at 01:26
Regular
Yep, it's so good, Viera still plays for Arsenal ;).
Fri 12/08/05 at 01:17
Regular
PES is getting alot better with the presentation side of things. just look at this shot from pes5

[URL]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/951/me000059232723lj.jpg[/URL]
Fri 12/08/05 at 00:59
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah, you just like the business model that allows this crap to be the
> success it is. ;P

I don't like the business model, but it is the business model which is most successful in the industry and no one can take anything away from that as an achievment in it's own right :D.
Fri 12/08/05 at 00:38
Regular
"Touched!"
PES is getting there, but yeah the graphics are quite crap. If they get their presentation up to EA's then it'll be perfect.
Thu 11/08/05 at 23:43
"High polygon count"
I haven't bought a FIFA game for some time, but I do love their presentation, and I don't think they're that bad.

As a videogame, it's superior to PES in every way; presentation, graphics, audio, licensing... it's simply amazing. It will always outsell PES on this alone, simply because it gives you the chance to play as your team, with proper likenesses, names, kits and so on. And it doesn't usually play that bad a game of footy, either.

I mean, let's face it - though it has improved, PES is still a fairly ugly game, isn't it? Menus are pretty poor in both graphics and presentation. A lot of screens are cluttered with stacks of information, presented in large and untidy fonts, and there's just so much that isn't clearly explained in the manual.

The game that it plays is really the only thing PES has going for it. Yes, I know that's "all that matters", but if any other game was presented as badly, it would be slated by the critics and punters alike, and be launched directly into Bargain Buckets at £19.99.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.