GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Football Match"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 17:21
Regular
Today, my dad woke me up just before 8 o'clock so I had time to get ready and have my breakfast before the away Quarter final cup match against Arlsley Youth. I had to be called three times before I woke up as I was in a deep strance after going to bed at 3 a.m after my mum's mate's birthday bash. Honestly I wasn't in a very good state with my hair all in a mess and my breath stinking of the curry we ordered for the party grub. I knew it was an important game in which if we won would send us through to the semi finals and the last four teams. After lying there for ten minutes praying to go back to sleep and to have another two hours of relaxation I finally gave in to my dad who was now in bit of a mood after having to call me so many times.

Slowly I crept down my ladder and out of bed, stepping on my little brother's toy car on the way, Ouch! I walked half asleep towards the bathroom and had a wash but I still didn't wake up fully. I then went back to my room and fumbled through my chest of drawers for my lovely bright orange and black kit. As it was new I had to trek downstairs to get the scissors before getting dressed. The kit barely fitted me, the arms were miles too long with the shorts basically round my ankles. Still, I had to battle on in the war against the kit until finally I succeeded when my mum suggested folding the waist band over a couple of times. I then had to put on our brand new rain coat which has to be worn to and from every game. That also was, yes you've guessed it, massive and came down past my knees! I looked like a dwarf!

I then ran downstairs at half past eight realising I had only got half hour to have breakfast (scrumptious sultana bran!), pack my bag and most importantly watch a few cartoons before leaving. (This is essential for me to play well!). After managing to do all of these things (except I only was able to watch half of Scooby Doo, but everyone knows what happens in the end, don't they) I crammed all of my belongings (including the bathroom sink) into the boot of my dad's BMW and we were off to meet for the important match. On the way I relised I hadn't cleaned my teeth so it was a quick stop at the newsagents to buy a pack of chewing gum.

We jumped in the car and my dad was off before I had time to get my belt on. We managed to meet the rest of my team on time and our manager described the way to the match (even so, some parents still got lost on the way there). We all pulled up at the school where the team played and may our way along this half rotted road (honestly!) and over the huge speed bumps which my dad scraped the bottom of his car on! (He wasn't a happy bunny!). Finally we were there btu as soon as everyone had time to put their boots on we were rushed to the pitch and given 15 minutes to prepare. We did our stretches, sorted out the team and practiced our passing. The whistle went and our captain went up to choose a side of the coin, obviously we won the kick-off and we all took our rain coats/weather proof tops and waited for the whistle to start the match.

As soon as the whistle went we started passing the ball around just like Tottenham does and unlike Arsenal (boo!), we were on fire (not literally) and before ten minutes was up we were one nil ahead after Jack lobbed the keeper. The match restarted and stopped again two minutes later after the forward on their team pushed our centre back, he received a yellow card much to our delight and we received a free-kick and rightly so as well. After this they didn't touch the ball much or create any chances but it was a different story for us, we were shooting and hitting the bar and posts three or four times until with one magnificent strike, I saw the back of the net with my rocket shot and the crowd went wild (20 or so mums and dads!). We were two nil up in the quarter finals and we whistle for half time went before we even restarted the match again. Our manager was overjoyed and danced around singing "We're going to win the cup, we're going to win the cup" We looked at him in disbelief, laughed and said "It's only the quarter final!". My dad chucked me my water bottle and I dropped it as I am no good at catching or cricket.

After drinks and oranges the whistle went yet again to signal the second half was about to commence and to really say "Hurry up and get this match over with as I want to go home and watch the Grand Prix on the box". Everyone filed back onto the pitch and the whistle went and the second half started. They started really well and won a corner in which they crossed it and their striker nodded the ball in. Our manager was furious and our crowd went silent. We knew if we didn't score again soon we would be even before the end of the match and we didn't want extra time and penalties. (I'm not very good at them that's why). Our striker was clean through and only the keeper was left, he dodged the keeper and the keeper dived at his feet not getting the ball and bringing our striker down. The keeper received a yellow card and we got a free-kick just outside the area. Ricky stepped up and with one hell of a kick he sent it through the wall into the roof of the net. We were three one up, just what we needed. By now the other team had started to argue between themselves and started to play pretty damn bad indeed, they were disgraceful!

Five minutes from the end, out other striker, Andrew shot into the bottom right hand corner to confirm our place in the semi-finals of the League Cup. When the final whistle went, we all shaked hands and said "Three Cheers for Arlsley youth! Hip, Hip, Hooray (times three of course plus one for luck)" They wished us all good luck in the next round and we thanked the referee for the good match. After much well earned celebration we had to bundle back into our cars and head back home. On the way we got caught up in traffic and with a huge beep I woke up and I found myself lying in bed and the beep was actually my dad yelling for me to get up for the match, it had all been a dream and the match hadn't even started yet. Would the things in my dream actually happen? Did I actually wake up again or was this a dream which would never stop and which would go on forever? Who knows?

Pring
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:21
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
Today, my dad woke me up just before 8 o'clock so I had time to get ready and have my breakfast before the away Quarter final cup match against Arlsley Youth. I had to be called three times before I woke up as I was in a deep strance after going to bed at 3 a.m after my mum's mate's birthday bash. Honestly I wasn't in a very good state with my hair all in a mess and my breath stinking of the curry we ordered for the party grub. I knew it was an important game in which if we won would send us through to the semi finals and the last four teams. After lying there for ten minutes praying to go back to sleep and to have another two hours of relaxation I finally gave in to my dad who was now in bit of a mood after having to call me so many times.

Slowly I crept down my ladder and out of bed, stepping on my little brother's toy car on the way, Ouch! I walked half asleep towards the bathroom and had a wash but I still didn't wake up fully. I then went back to my room and fumbled through my chest of drawers for my lovely bright orange and black kit. As it was new I had to trek downstairs to get the scissors before getting dressed. The kit barely fitted me, the arms were miles too long with the shorts basically round my ankles. Still, I had to battle on in the war against the kit until finally I succeeded when my mum suggested folding the waist band over a couple of times. I then had to put on our brand new rain coat which has to be worn to and from every game. That also was, yes you've guessed it, massive and came down past my knees! I looked like a dwarf!

I then ran downstairs at half past eight realising I had only got half hour to have breakfast (scrumptious sultana bran!), pack my bag and most importantly watch a few cartoons before leaving. (This is essential for me to play well!). After managing to do all of these things (except I only was able to watch half of Scooby Doo, but everyone knows what happens in the end, don't they) I crammed all of my belongings (including the bathroom sink) into the boot of my dad's BMW and we were off to meet for the important match. On the way I relised I hadn't cleaned my teeth so it was a quick stop at the newsagents to buy a pack of chewing gum.

We jumped in the car and my dad was off before I had time to get my belt on. We managed to meet the rest of my team on time and our manager described the way to the match (even so, some parents still got lost on the way there). We all pulled up at the school where the team played and may our way along this half rotted road (honestly!) and over the huge speed bumps which my dad scraped the bottom of his car on! (He wasn't a happy bunny!). Finally we were there btu as soon as everyone had time to put their boots on we were rushed to the pitch and given 15 minutes to prepare. We did our stretches, sorted out the team and practiced our passing. The whistle went and our captain went up to choose a side of the coin, obviously we won the kick-off and we all took our rain coats/weather proof tops and waited for the whistle to start the match.

As soon as the whistle went we started passing the ball around just like Tottenham does and unlike Arsenal (boo!), we were on fire (not literally) and before ten minutes was up we were one nil ahead after Jack lobbed the keeper. The match restarted and stopped again two minutes later after the forward on their team pushed our centre back, he received a yellow card much to our delight and we received a free-kick and rightly so as well. After this they didn't touch the ball much or create any chances but it was a different story for us, we were shooting and hitting the bar and posts three or four times until with one magnificent strike, I saw the back of the net with my rocket shot and the crowd went wild (20 or so mums and dads!). We were two nil up in the quarter finals and we whistle for half time went before we even restarted the match again. Our manager was overjoyed and danced around singing "We're going to win the cup, we're going to win the cup" We looked at him in disbelief, laughed and said "It's only the quarter final!". My dad chucked me my water bottle and I dropped it as I am no good at catching or cricket.

After drinks and oranges the whistle went yet again to signal the second half was about to commence and to really say "Hurry up and get this match over with as I want to go home and watch the Grand Prix on the box". Everyone filed back onto the pitch and the whistle went and the second half started. They started really well and won a corner in which they crossed it and their striker nodded the ball in. Our manager was furious and our crowd went silent. We knew if we didn't score again soon we would be even before the end of the match and we didn't want extra time and penalties. (I'm not very good at them that's why). Our striker was clean through and only the keeper was left, he dodged the keeper and the keeper dived at his feet not getting the ball and bringing our striker down. The keeper received a yellow card and we got a free-kick just outside the area. Ricky stepped up and with one hell of a kick he sent it through the wall into the roof of the net. We were three one up, just what we needed. By now the other team had started to argue between themselves and started to play pretty damn bad indeed, they were disgraceful!

Five minutes from the end, out other striker, Andrew shot into the bottom right hand corner to confirm our place in the semi-finals of the League Cup. When the final whistle went, we all shaked hands and said "Three Cheers for Arlsley youth! Hip, Hip, Hooray (times three of course plus one for luck)" They wished us all good luck in the next round and we thanked the referee for the good match. After much well earned celebration we had to bundle back into our cars and head back home. On the way we got caught up in traffic and with a huge beep I woke up and I found myself lying in bed and the beep was actually my dad yelling for me to get up for the match, it had all been a dream and the match hadn't even started yet. Would the things in my dream actually happen? Did I actually wake up again or was this a dream which would never stop and which would go on forever? Who knows?

Pring

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.