GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any help for a lazy guy with no motivation?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 11:11
Regular
I don't have a clue what to do. I'm stuck. I have no motivation and don't know where to go. I don't know if it's just me or what but I've got to do something about it and make a decision.

So what decision do I have to make? It's the decision that could have a big effect on my near future. I'm unsure and need guidance. The big question that I have to answer is; Do I stay on at sixth form and go on to other sorts of higher education if I can, or do I go out and try and find a job, or lastly, just sit on my butt all day and go to work two evenings a night. What do I do?

The situation is that I need the money from my job to pay off my pc. I also maybe moving within the year so if I get a fulltime job then I would more than likely have to find a house/ flat to move in to in order to continue working. It would be possible that I could get a transfer depending on the job and company. Also the job I'd get probably wouldn't be that good as I'm only 17 which would mean that it would be low paying and more than likely suck. Who's to say I would enjoy this job or even turn up? If I have little motivation to go on with my education then why would I go in to a job that I hate? I could work full-time at the place I am now but the pay is not that good. I could end up being stuck in a dead end job for the rest of my life. I'm not saying that higher learning will give me a better job but it could give me more choice.
It would also help if I had a carear plan. I have no real idea what I want to be. I'm just going on with sixth form at the moment because it gives me some sort of possible option in the future. I really do not know what to do. I think I would really just like to be able to laze around all day and do what ever I wanted. To have no pressure or anything like that but then I think that's the kind of thing most people would want.

Does anybody have any sort of advice they would be willing to hand out or anything else that might come in handy, please?

I thank all that have bothered to read this. So, "Thank you".

Cid
Tue 11/03/03 at 15:41
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Rent a boy.

I'll even knock out an ad for you: "Seven year old Boy for rent, slighlty shop soiled. Will break all of your valuable items and sh*t in your bed. Loud and obnoxious with little to no appreciation of money, morality and modern art. Have something to moan about at social functions for only £500 a month."

Rent out 4 a month and you'll be making £2000 a month. If you sign on at the same time and also claim housing benefit, you could up that to £2500 a month.
Tue 11/03/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
sell drugs
Tue 11/03/03 at 12:54
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> Thanks everybody. Pretty helpfull advice. I think it would be best to
> stick it out at sixth form and go from there. By the time I finish I
> should of paid off my pc. Major debt (I think that's how you spell it0
> here I come.

Declare yourself bankrupt, then you won't have to pay for the pc and it will make you more interesting to people.
Mon 10/03/03 at 23:24
Regular
"I'm Great."
Thanks everybody. Pretty helpfull advice. I think it would be best to stick it out at sixth form and go from there. By the time I finish I should of paid off my pc. Major debt (I think that's how you spell it0 here I come.
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Selected"
My advice would be to try and get into uni.

Work through 6th form, get a loan (with which you can pay for your pc...provided you can live of pot noodles for the rest of your uni life) for university and finish a degree. Then at least you'll be over 18 (if not 21) and you'll be able to get a decent job....
Mon 10/03/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Great Pizzas. Great Times
Mon 10/03/03 at 11:49
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Don't bother with education, it's a con. Mike Tyson never did and look at him now, he's the former World Boxing Champion. Beckham has got a couple of GCSE's yet he earns more in a week than a Neuro-surgeon, who has spent 7-8 years at Uni learning his/her trade.

Drop out of school and spend every waking hour playing tennis, get half decent and you'll be the British number three in no time at all. Then put in a "gutsy" performance at the Don each year and rake in that chump money from Pizza Hut ads.
Mon 10/03/03 at 11:23
Regular
"I ush!"
Well, I know its no help but that's really a decision you have to make. What are you good at? If you are generally not very motivated it might help to get out into the real world and get a job. That way your motivation would be that you have to work to pay the rent. You'll notice that the government pushed EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION. Trying to get everyone into further education. They didn't seem to realise that this would simply turn further education into normal education, plus now we are lacking in certain skilled jobs like plumbers and joiners, who can earn a fortune now as a result. If you are practical then get on an apprenticeship or something. That way you'll get paid (all be it a pittance) to train.

If you are more academic go to6th form, then uni and have a blast, and come out with a mountain of debt, but don't expect that a degree will guarantee a job because these days it don't.

Ever thought of games testing. If you have a real passion for games you might want to try it, though I gather it's quite different to actually playing games. You have to do loads of exhaustive testing, and you have to be an absolute games nut and you'll still only earn about £12-£13 K per year.

That's my two cents, anyhoo
Mon 10/03/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Sell your body on the street for a few coppers?

Seriously, though...

*frowns at Goatboy*

Complete your 6th form and then go from there. Try and get a job part-time to pay off your PC but make your educagtion your first priority. You'll thank me for this one day. Or you might rue the day I was born!

Anyway, remember this: after doing your A-Levels or whatever you'll do at 6th Form, you can then go onto a job if you like. Or go to Uni. Basically, you can get a job once you complete 6th form and in three years time be on the same pay as you'd be on if you had just come out of Uni. That's the general idea. However, your time at Uni would be invaluable and "the best years of your life". A decree that I heartily agree with.

But complete your education first.
Mon 10/03/03 at 11:20
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Rent boy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.