GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"READ THIS!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/01/01 at 18:05
Regular

Easy Movie Maker.

We all know almost everyone would love to make there own movie. Well, my game idea is doing what Music200 and e-jay did but in the form of movies. It should actually be called action movie maker, because that's what it is! It's kind of like the replay editer on Driver, you play the scene with all the different people and then edit the camera angles, only, unlike driver the possibilities are endless. There would be thousands of different faces and bodys to choose from, and also loads of clothes. You can choose the routes of all the different characters and then give them actions. You can make up you own action animations but there are loads already on there.
There are also loads of different vehicles, Buildingds, backgrounds, scenery. And items including guns, house-hold items, chairs and other furniture, (all of which are desructable). For every city or building there is a 2D map for you to give the characteres routes. Once you've made one scene, you can then edit all of the camera angles in almost any way you want to. There is also an extra feature for fighting scene, for example there are loads of animations which involve two people at once like fighting.
There is a seperate disc with sound effects and loads of lines of speech, (But you can somehow record your own speech into it(i havent worked that out yet!)to add to the possibilities). There are also loads of speacial effects on this extra disc like explosions and image manipulating effects. You can also change the textures on the walls and objects, and there is a texture maker. You can exchange movies over the internet with other people. There will be two versions of the game, an 18 and a 12, one with gore and one without. And just to add to the replayability there are also aliens and animals. There are options to make it slow motion and to spin the camera around without the people moving (like the Matrix).
M.Farras (Mark Farrington)

PS: Game designers remember the name Mark farrington, cos I will be a famous games designer. And incase he reads this, cheers to Charles Cecil for reviewing my game idea: "the Verdiak Invasion" in the designer genes section of the Official Playstation2 Magazine.

Tue 16/01/01 at 17:47
Any suggestions on how to improve it are welcome.
Tue 16/01/01 at 11:21
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Havnt they already done this with the Simpons & Flintstones a few years back?
Tue 16/01/01 at 11:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hmm, it wasn't bad. I think it's a good idea in principle.
Tue 16/01/01 at 08:47
Regular
"not dead"
Microsoft bundled a version of their Movie Maker as a demo on the Win95 Cd-ROM. It sounded very similar to this, and it's five years old.

(My "The Rock" game idea was better)

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Mon 15/01/01 at 22:02
Your ingenius, vai. Cheers.
Mon 15/01/01 at 21:47
Sounds good, instead of having a dosk with all the speech on it there could be a prog where you type in the text you want said and choose a voice for it then it says it, one of my friens has a prog like this so it would not be to hard to adapt it.

Mon 15/01/01 at 18:42
I was hoping someone would reply to this.
Mon 15/01/01 at 18:05

Easy Movie Maker.

We all know almost everyone would love to make there own movie. Well, my game idea is doing what Music200 and e-jay did but in the form of movies. It should actually be called action movie maker, because that's what it is! It's kind of like the replay editer on Driver, you play the scene with all the different people and then edit the camera angles, only, unlike driver the possibilities are endless. There would be thousands of different faces and bodys to choose from, and also loads of clothes. You can choose the routes of all the different characters and then give them actions. You can make up you own action animations but there are loads already on there.
There are also loads of different vehicles, Buildingds, backgrounds, scenery. And items including guns, house-hold items, chairs and other furniture, (all of which are desructable). For every city or building there is a 2D map for you to give the characteres routes. Once you've made one scene, you can then edit all of the camera angles in almost any way you want to. There is also an extra feature for fighting scene, for example there are loads of animations which involve two people at once like fighting.
There is a seperate disc with sound effects and loads of lines of speech, (But you can somehow record your own speech into it(i havent worked that out yet!)to add to the possibilities). There are also loads of speacial effects on this extra disc like explosions and image manipulating effects. You can also change the textures on the walls and objects, and there is a texture maker. You can exchange movies over the internet with other people. There will be two versions of the game, an 18 and a 12, one with gore and one without. And just to add to the replayability there are also aliens and animals. There are options to make it slow motion and to spin the camera around without the people moving (like the Matrix).
M.Farras (Mark Farrington)

PS: Game designers remember the name Mark farrington, cos I will be a famous games designer. And incase he reads this, cheers to Charles Cecil for reviewing my game idea: "the Verdiak Invasion" in the designer genes section of the Official Playstation2 Magazine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.