GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ring: The Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/03/03 at 11:02
Regular
You have probably by now seen, or at least heard of, the film The Ring. In my many hours of pondering I thought that it would make quite a good game, but not just an ordinary cinema-to-console port.

The game is scary and investigative like a twisted combination of Resident Evil and Silent Hill games. You could play as either the lead woman (Forgotten the character name) or as her Ex-Husband (Forgotten his name too) in the quest to uncover the wrath of...The Ring!

The film only has one enemy/nasty person, that being the girl who drowned in the well who 'gets you' through your television. The game would require some more bad guys to shoot at so I suggest including some mad scientist who is trying to stop you (To give the game a twisted psychological feel to it) and Tony Blair (Well, nobody likes him anyway).

The missions or tasks in the game would be to save people from seeing the video tape of the ring and solving the riddle yourself by facing your fears and watching the storyline unravvel. The 'nightmare' shown on the tape is that of the little girl but different nightmares could be put into the game and different storylines could go ahead to make the game deeper.

The game would give you exactly 'seven days' in real time to unlock the riddle and save yourself. However the woman survived because she makes a copy of the tape in the movie, you will have to do something less obvious to stay alive. Different modes of play could be enacted, you could fight fire with fire and try to kill the girl (hur, hur, she is already dead), you could use your brilliant mind to rescue her soul and bring peace to her at last or you could track down all the copies of the tapes and stamp on them, really hard.

Locations in the game would be the woman's neices house (The first girl that dies in the film), Her appartment, Her Ex-husbands video analysing place, the island where the horses died, the farm house where the girls father lives, the cabin under which the well is located and the girls room in the barn.

The creepy little boy could draw clues (Yes, like he does in the film) to advance your quest and you will have to use your own witts and snippets of the film to fully solve the game. I think the game would be brilliant and manage to be both scary and fun at the same time. The film was brilliant and deserves a chance to hit the games market and the film leaves the door open for a sequel, Capcom will like that!

Thanks for reading.
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
You have probably by now seen, or at least heard of, the film The Ring. In my many hours of pondering I thought that it would make quite a good game, but not just an ordinary cinema-to-console port.

The game is scary and investigative like a twisted combination of Resident Evil and Silent Hill games. You could play as either the lead woman (Forgotten the character name) or as her Ex-Husband (Forgotten his name too) in the quest to uncover the wrath of...The Ring!

The film only has one enemy/nasty person, that being the girl who drowned in the well who 'gets you' through your television. The game would require some more bad guys to shoot at so I suggest including some mad scientist who is trying to stop you (To give the game a twisted psychological feel to it) and Tony Blair (Well, nobody likes him anyway).

The missions or tasks in the game would be to save people from seeing the video tape of the ring and solving the riddle yourself by facing your fears and watching the storyline unravvel. The 'nightmare' shown on the tape is that of the little girl but different nightmares could be put into the game and different storylines could go ahead to make the game deeper.

The game would give you exactly 'seven days' in real time to unlock the riddle and save yourself. However the woman survived because she makes a copy of the tape in the movie, you will have to do something less obvious to stay alive. Different modes of play could be enacted, you could fight fire with fire and try to kill the girl (hur, hur, she is already dead), you could use your brilliant mind to rescue her soul and bring peace to her at last or you could track down all the copies of the tapes and stamp on them, really hard.

Locations in the game would be the woman's neices house (The first girl that dies in the film), Her appartment, Her Ex-husbands video analysing place, the island where the horses died, the farm house where the girls father lives, the cabin under which the well is located and the girls room in the barn.

The creepy little boy could draw clues (Yes, like he does in the film) to advance your quest and you will have to use your own witts and snippets of the film to fully solve the game. I think the game would be brilliant and manage to be both scary and fun at the same time. The film was brilliant and deserves a chance to hit the games market and the film leaves the door open for a sequel, Capcom will like that!

Thanks for reading.
Sat 08/03/03 at 12:22
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
*Prods the thread and wonders why nobody is reading it*
Sat 08/03/03 at 12:25
Regular
"I ush!"
I didn't read it because

1. I haven't seen the film and was worried if I do it might ruin it
2. The girlfriend has seen the film and scared the pants of off her (and not in a good way)

Sorry matey : )

Did you read the double brand random story idea?
Sat 08/03/03 at 12:34
"period drama"
It would be .. okay. If done right, and these things hardly ever are.
What if, instead, you had 7 days to make as many people watch it as possible : ) people who were mean to you.
Sat 08/03/03 at 13:07
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
The sound element sounds like Majora's Mask.
Sat 08/03/03 at 13:07
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Time, even.
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
How can you confuse the words "sound" and "time"? lol

A lot of games have a "race against time" feel to them. It adds suspense without the developer having to do anything.
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It's already been done, and I've played it.
It was released on the Dreamcast, but only in the USA & Japan.
It used footage from the original film.
The game was okay. Good atmosphere, but was let down by iffy gameplay.
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
Kyz22 wrote:
> The game is scary and investigative like a twisted combination of
> Resident Evil and Silent Hill games. You could play as either the lead
> woman (Forgotten the character name) or as her Ex-Husband (Forgotten
> his name too) in the quest to uncover the wrath of...The Ring!

Now could you play Noah? He kinda snuffs it at the end :D

Just a thought :)
Sat 08/03/03 at 17:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Small Blue wrote:
> Now could you play Noah? He kinda snuffs it at the end

Thanks for ruining the film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.