GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Honesty is always the best policy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/03/03 at 21:36
Regular
English Homework. Grrrrrrrrr, damn that substitute teacher.

OK, I need to write a speach convincing 'fellow class-mates' on my viewpoint, which is that it is indeed the best policy.

Ideas, speaches and general hints appreciated.

;)

Thanks a lot,
Nidal
Sat 08/03/03 at 10:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
It's fine...

I've got till Monday now...

Thanks to that power-cut last night I lost my work, got a not from my dad, and got an extension.
Sat 08/03/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Add these two points somewhere;

If you lie then you could end up like Saddam Hussein whose facing a quarter of a million troops all getting ready to come give him a kicking.

Honesty is the best policy, but unfortunately dear classmates we live in Britain, so forget that. An ability to lie your way out of responsibility for anything is very important, and works right up to court level in this land.
Fri 07/03/03 at 22:36
"slightlyshortertagl"
pb wrote:
> I aim to please.

This is an English homework.

It's not meant to please.
Fri 07/03/03 at 22:12
"possibly impossible"
I aim to please.

Or was that - I aim too high?! hm.
Fri 07/03/03 at 22:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
amazing pb

I'm close to handing that in..

:-p
Fri 07/03/03 at 22:06
"possibly impossible"
Honesty is the best policy - by Nidal

Being honest always pays, and I will try to convince you of this fact within these very pages.

If a friend I am with decided to start smoking illegal substances while around me, then his mother ask what he had been doing, I would honestly reply with the exact details of the incident. This would mean that my friend would not be speaking to me any more and I may have got him grounded for a month, but...oh, hang on, that doesn't really work.

Ok, another situation. Let us suggest that I have a dog, and that the dog was being teased by some bloke next door, as the bloke next door was slightly on the wrong side of the mental scale. Now, if my dog bit this man and he confessed, I would not hide this from the police. They would, perhaps, take my dog and have it put down, then probably I'd get attacked by my mental neighbour as well. Oh dear, I'm not very good at this, am I?

Despite that, believe me that honesty is really the best policy. For instance, I could lie about writing this essay myself and probably get away with it too. Even if I was caught I could still make up a story about working it out with a friend, but if I told the truth I may get detention. Oh. Um. So, in conclusion, I hope that you enjoyed my essay on how honesty is perhaps not always the best policy.
Fri 07/03/03 at 22:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Intersperse facts and examples with wild comparisons (ie Hitler lied about the state of concentration camps...do you want to be like Hitler?!).
Fri 07/03/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Twisted Ninja"
tell them that if they dont support your cause, you can get you "little friends" down from the rough suburbs, to try to convince them otherwise
angelic isnt it....
Fri 07/03/03 at 21:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I have to do exactly the same thing for mid-week next week.

MSN, now.
Fri 07/03/03 at 21:39
"Uzi Lover"
I have to do exactly the same thing for mid-week next week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.