GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American Hi-Fi - `The Art of Losing`"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/03/03 at 13:05
Regular
I've heard this brand-new song from American Hi-Fi several times now on that "nu-Kerrang!" channel, "p-rock", and I have to say that I like it.

I had my doubts at first, after seeing what has happened to so many other bands after making a name for themselves with a debut album, but no to American Hi-Fi, as it would seem.
It may not be "brilliant", but it seems that they're sticking to the same-old "retro-influenced" formula that made their first album so-great.

I'm so glad they're not as "cool" as Link Park or Slipknot, and I have pretty good expectations for their new album, when it's released.

Anyone know when the new album is released over here??
I know it was just released in USA in the middle of February...

And have you heard their new song yet?
If so, what do you think?
If not... then "do".
Wed 02/04/03 at 07:34
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I liked Flavour Of The Week and The Art of Losing, so I might just check out their albums.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've got this CD now, and I like it! :)

I don't think it's quite as good as their original album, but you can quite clearly see that they haven't changed too-much (like so many other bands seem to do). But while they seem to be avoiding the world of British Pop quite well, one-or-two tracks make you think they're starting to become a Blink 182, a New Found Glory, or a someone like that...

Still, it's a good album. And any 'Hi-Fi fan should like it, I reckon.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:54
I heard their new song and quite like it although i still think most of the songs on their old album were better but maybe it'll change with me listening to it more.

When i first saw P-rock i thought most of the tracks on it were really cheap and crappy bands but i've found quite a lot of songs i like on their. Has anyone seen the transplants song and has anyone got hteir album because i have a few of their songs and quite like it.
Fri 07/03/03 at 17:27
Regular
"I'm Great."
If you're on about the new American Hi-fi album then it should be out now. It was released Monday. I think the new Linkin Park album should be out within two/ three weeks.
Fri 07/03/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've heard this brand-new song from American Hi-Fi several times now on that "nu-Kerrang!" channel, "p-rock", and I have to say that I like it.

I had my doubts at first, after seeing what has happened to so many other bands after making a name for themselves with a debut album, but no to American Hi-Fi, as it would seem.
It may not be "brilliant", but it seems that they're sticking to the same-old "retro-influenced" formula that made their first album so-great.

I'm so glad they're not as "cool" as Link Park or Slipknot, and I have pretty good expectations for their new album, when it's released.

Anyone know when the new album is released over here??
I know it was just released in USA in the middle of February...

And have you heard their new song yet?
If so, what do you think?
If not... then "do".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.