GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My experience of my nearest NHS hospital"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
When I went in I only had to wait 10 minutes after I had gone to the reception desk with my dad before I was taken to a ward to be examined, after that I had to wait only an hour just to go into surgery, and when I came out of the recovery room to go to the adolescents ward I didn't have to wait for a bed at all.

Near the bed was a entetainment unit that was more like a huge arm with a flat screen computer that was a TV and phone combo that had 16 channels mostly from Sky. Only the adults had to pay for the TVs using top up cards as well as for using the phone. But the kids could watch the TV for free from 7am til 9pm, but we still had to pay for the phone calls.
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:57
"The Will of D."
Well it looks like the John Radcliffe hospitla sounds to be the best out of the lot in your areas.
BTW I had Apendisectamy (can't spell it since I've never seen the word before.
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:06
When i was ill, i tried to go down the stairs and fell down them, i fractured my ankle, i had to wait two hours just to get seen to, then when i was finally seen to the lady went of because she had a phone call, she didnt come back for an hour and a half, then when she did she sent me to the X-ray room, that took another hour...
But i suppose there was people with more worse injurys then mine, so they saw to bad injurys first...
Still they sho uld get more staff and more rooms...
Fri 07/03/03 at 17:22
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I broke my collarbone rather badly a few years back, the two broken ends were scraping agsint the bone further down, catching in the muscle and so I was in rather a lot of pain and on the verge of passing out due to it. A nurse gave me some pathetic pills that meant I couldn't have anything else for 3 hours. Then when I finally got to see a doctor, after about a 45 minute wait, I couldn't walk owing to any movement hurting like hell. The nurse just pointed at a wheelchair and said "use that". A bloke who was in looking after his kid with a broken arm had to help my mum get me into the thing without me tearing my shoulder apart. The nurse looked on indifferently and carried on waiting for someone else to come in so she could abuse them as well.
Fri 07/03/03 at 17:02
"The Will of D."
Well the waiting ward that I was in until the operation was probably the same size as my own bedroom which with all the furniture packed against the walls giving only half an arms length from piece to piece makes that ward bigger than my room.
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:24
Regular
Well I had to spend six and a half hours in the A&E in a room smaller than my toilet. We had to wait for almost two hours before the nurse would give my mum any painkillers, and when they did...they gave her Aspirin. F~##ing Aspirin. Which might I add she is allergic to.

Two hours, a queue jumping hammered tramp who you could smell 10ft away, an army of crying foreigners (Obviously the sign saying "Only 2 visitors per patient" didn't apply to them because they have special rights and crap like that) and some kid who had his face smashed in. (Probably while trying to rob some old lady) The Doctor decided to see my mum and give her morphine and ask her some of the most retarded questions ever.

I'd go on but I don't want to.
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I get BUPA for free til next july :D
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:06
"Darkness, always"
And to think, people spend money signing up for BUPA.
Fri 07/03/03 at 11:59
"The Will of D."
When I went in I only had to wait 10 minutes after I had gone to the reception desk with my dad before I was taken to a ward to be examined, after that I had to wait only an hour just to go into surgery, and when I came out of the recovery room to go to the adolescents ward I didn't have to wait for a bed at all.

Near the bed was a entetainment unit that was more like a huge arm with a flat screen computer that was a TV and phone combo that had 16 channels mostly from Sky. Only the adults had to pay for the TVs using top up cards as well as for using the phone. But the kids could watch the TV for free from 7am til 9pm, but we still had to pay for the phone calls.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.