GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Surrealism is an excuse for not being funny"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
Inspired by RPC. Discuss.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:10
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Inspired by RPC. Discuss.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:11
"Uzi Lover"
True, thats why I may drop out of the pap.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Totally agree.

Evidence - I use it 50% of the time.

But some people I know (younger people) try to hard to be surreal, and it just doesnt work at all.

*hypocrit at work*
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:14
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
However, I find Vic and Bob funny. Mad, isn't it.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Classic TV.
When the times up you'll hear this noise - "Barbara They're stealing our towels!"

Watching shooting stars is like a ritual for me.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I saw an old one, with Mark Lamarr, and it was awful. But last Monday's Buzzcocks was great.

"I'll have your eye out!"

Again, a terrible conflict of interests.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Ah missed that, loving Bill Baily though, I think thats his name?
Thu 06/03/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Selected"
It CAN be funny, like Brass Eye when they said they launched a paedophile into space then they 'revealed' that an 8 year old boy had been sent as well and it was the "worst thing that could happen"

But you get people walking around with those t-shirts that say "I'm not crazy, but my camal friend monty is" - or whatever! - just isn't funny.

"Are you kidding me, your being 'zany' for the sake of it?"
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
People who try too hard to be obscure and funny just aren't funny at all. I find people who are deadpan and don't feel the need to announce their humour with exclamation points are the funniest, because it's not patronising me, informing me that what I just read was a joke.

Having said that, Meka's !!!!!!1 thing still makes me laugh.
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
It can be; surrealism is often trotted out as an excuse for lazy 'comedy'. But listen to Derek and Clive ('My first job' for example) and then tell me that surrealism isn't funny.

Good surrealism is better than anything (in my opinion). Bad surrealism is just too cackbone awful for words.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.