GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Odyssey 5 - what the hell have they done with it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 20:16
Regular
What are Sky playing at with Odyssey 5?

A few weeks ago, they said that it would be back in 2 weeks. The following week they had the series finale (last 2 episodes) of Stargate SG1. The following week... no Odyssey 5 at 9pm, but a repeat of an old Stargate. But there was an episode of Odyssey 5 on at 1:50am on the Thursday morning.

Last Wednesday I noticed that Odyssey 5 was on Sky One Mix at 10pm, and on Sky One at 1:50am Thursday morning again. So I assumed that they'd taken to showing it on Sky One Mix first, then repeating in a graveyard spot on Sky One.

Now this week, it's not on Sky One at all!

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this show? I was really getting into it, and now it's just disappeared! Have I missed some announcement?
Tue 11/03/03 at 15:39
"The Will of D."
There there, so was I.

Hey i have an idea lets send a bomb over to America and make them believe that the Iraq's sent it, they're dumb enough to believe anything.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:22
"High polygon count"
Gutted. I was really getting into this show.
Mon 10/03/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
At least the UK viewers get to see all 20 episodes. The US arent getting the last 6 episodes.

Loads of shows have been cancelled recently. Birds Of Prey only had 13 episodes and probably wont be out over in the UK. Buffy The Vampire Slayer is also on its last season now. Dark Angel and Roswell last year.

One show I hope some channel in the UK picks up is John Doe. Its a really good show that hopefully will keep going for a few seasons.
Sat 08/03/03 at 13:47
"The Will of D."
Yeah why don't we get England to produce the shows with the same actors but in our country instead of our actors spending our money going over to them just to get some stupid Americans making fun of our so caled POSH accent which is blatently prejudice.
Some examples, Antony Stuart Head, James Masters, and the British guy in "Enterprise".

But at least Stargate SG1 survived without a warning of cancelling, since they are having a seventh series. But as soon as the 7th series is finished that's it for Stargate SG1, and welcome Satrgate Atlantis which I haven't really got too much high hopes for. Also Stargate Infinity is bit on the crapish side, what the hell happened to the Gou'ld, and when did the tellockan (whatever) start invading the universe?
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:45
"High polygon count"
Well isn't that just typical of US TV. Another decent sci-fi show gets cancelled.

What is it with US viewers and any remotely intelligent sci-fi/fantasy show that has continuing storylines and requires a little thought to follow?

Babylon 5 barely made it; Crusade was cancelled, as were American Gothic, Dark Skies, Dark Angel and Farscape - to name but a few. All quality shows which treated their viewers with respect, and credited them with some intelligence and a memory somewhat longer than that of a goldfish - and all cancelled because the Americans won't watch them.

Yet mind-numbing, go-nowhere drivel like Star Trek gets series after series after series, repeating the same storylines over and over with a different cast, and they lap it up dehydrated camels.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:52
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
sorry to say but sky have shown the whole season and it has been cancelled in the US so there will be no second season.
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:16
"High polygon count"
What are Sky playing at with Odyssey 5?

A few weeks ago, they said that it would be back in 2 weeks. The following week they had the series finale (last 2 episodes) of Stargate SG1. The following week... no Odyssey 5 at 9pm, but a repeat of an old Stargate. But there was an episode of Odyssey 5 on at 1:50am on the Thursday morning.

Last Wednesday I noticed that Odyssey 5 was on Sky One Mix at 10pm, and on Sky One at 1:50am Thursday morning again. So I assumed that they'd taken to showing it on Sky One Mix first, then repeating in a graveyard spot on Sky One.

Now this week, it's not on Sky One at all!

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this show? I was really getting into it, and now it's just disappeared! Have I missed some announcement?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.