GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Keane to suceed Fergie?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 13:35
Regular
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor? STORY_NAME=soccer/03/03/05/SOCCER_Keane.html

During a question-and-answer session for United's television station MUTV, Keane, who has been such an influential figure on the pitch throughout his career, has revealed his desire to become a boss.

"It's something I've thought about and it's certainly something that appeals to me," he said.

"I've been fortunate to work under two of the game's great managers, in Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson, and the thought of being manager of Manchester United would be fantastic.

"It's a challenge that would really appeal to me, but I think the current manager will be here for a few years yet."

Keane plans to use the intervening years to gain the qualifications he will require for the job.

"I've spoken to one or two people in the game and I'm hoping to do my coaching badges in the next year or two while I'm still playing."

---------------------

Well, the idea's been thrown around a few times, but it's certainly looking more likely now. Keane is showing an interest in taking over, and with the exceptions of the highly unreliable Eriksson rumours, nobody else seems to be in line to take over Sir Alex's post.

Keane is the living embodiement of Ferguson's coaching style. so there's certainly potential there. As always, we'll have to wait and see...
Wed 05/03/03 at 13:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor? STORY_NAME=soccer/03/03/05/SOCCER_Keane.html

During a question-and-answer session for United's television station MUTV, Keane, who has been such an influential figure on the pitch throughout his career, has revealed his desire to become a boss.

"It's something I've thought about and it's certainly something that appeals to me," he said.

"I've been fortunate to work under two of the game's great managers, in Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson, and the thought of being manager of Manchester United would be fantastic.

"It's a challenge that would really appeal to me, but I think the current manager will be here for a few years yet."

Keane plans to use the intervening years to gain the qualifications he will require for the job.

"I've spoken to one or two people in the game and I'm hoping to do my coaching badges in the next year or two while I'm still playing."

---------------------

Well, the idea's been thrown around a few times, but it's certainly looking more likely now. Keane is showing an interest in taking over, and with the exceptions of the highly unreliable Eriksson rumours, nobody else seems to be in line to take over Sir Alex's post.

Keane is the living embodiement of Ferguson's coaching style. so there's certainly potential there. As always, we'll have to wait and see...
Wed 05/03/03 at 13:38
"Darkness, always"
It would be a travesty.

Lads trying to play football and all they can hear from the bench is "hit him! in the fase!"
Wed 05/03/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
They'll be more than boots flying if Keano takes over!
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If Keane becomes United manager that'd be the worst decision since Fergie decided to stop on after winning the treble in 99 (quadruple if you count inter-continental cup :) )

He has absolutely no experience and if you're taking over the world's biggest club i think having some experience of management is a little requirement. Having Keane as manager is a nice fairy tale and i hope it stays that way and doesn't become reality.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:15
Regular
So much has been said about the man in question - an enigma in his own right. Personally I believe that Roy Keane has the passion and the desire it seems, to succeed Sir Alex in the hot seat at Manchester United. David Beckham would, however, be well advised to wear a substantial amount of protection around the forehead region. Seriously, were Roy to be offered the manager's job after completing the necessary FA coaching courses; who knows where his passion could lead this already successful team. Hey, I'm not even a Man Utd fan and I'm praising the man's ambitions.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I have to agree with AN and IB, if Keane were to take over can you imagine what would happen in the dressing room if Utd lost a game...there would be slightly more that a graze above Becks' eye thats for sure.

And what would be the encouragement at half time,

"Oi Scholesy, what are you doing you ******* *****, if he tries to tackle you ******* hit the **** in the ******* face before breaking that ***** legs when he hits the ******* floor...

...Then Ruud when Scholsey has floored the **** you go over to the keeper and ******* nut him one in the ******* face, before slotting the ball home...

...If any of you ******* has got a problem with that play then you can ******* out of my face you ****!"

I can see it now...dressing room bliss!!!
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:48
Regular
"Wots your boggle"
Keane would be a bloody amazin manager, he more or less is, every united player says he's manager in the dressin room. I mean it wouldn't do harm to make him manager coz no one can be worse then Alex Fergison, and imagine if another manager like Wenger said that man utd cant win the league he'd break their legs. I mean what player would dare disagree with him, they would all be on form or they'll get battered.

KEANE FOR MAN UTD MANAGER mV(-.-)Vm
Thu 06/03/03 at 00:29
Regular
I reckon Keane is the best man for the job.

Of course he will have to take the coaching lessons first, but in the commitment,drive and passion categories he is 2nd to none. Roy Keane is not the sort of man you want to let down. Fergie developed the likes of Beckham, Scholes etc by making them scared of him.

Come to think of it, its quite shocking how similar he is to his last two mangers. The only vivid memory I have of Brian Clough is him thorwing punches at fans invading the pitch and we all know about Fergie;s antics...

I reckon Keane, with a experienced assistant could be v good.
Thu 06/03/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Keane could do it- He hates the media and is said to be an influential captain.
As in he motivates by going nuts.

Ho ho ho!
Fri 07/03/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Right now, I'd love to see someone else come in and do Fergie's job for him - yes, even if it was the psychopathic, over-the-top, Roy Keane!

If any player ever stood-up to him, he'd slam them right back down on their backsides! If David Beckham was demanding a new £200,000-a-week deal, or he'd quite the club, Keane would be there to put an end to his moaning (untill he was earning more than Beckham, anyway!).

He has the potential...

But I think he should be made player/assistant manager very soon, before Ferguson does eventually retire. I honestly don't see what these Protuguese bloke has been doing for us, and he's probably the one who came up with this whole "4-4-1-1" idea, anyway! And his English can hardly be any better than Claudio Ranieri's, now, can it?! So what the hell is he doing under a Sottish manager, at an English club???
I'd like to see Roy Keane give the chance - especially after announcing he'll now change his style-of-play, and that he's quite international football - for good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.