GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4 Photos, USB Sticks and Wookiee Monsters."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Thu 18/08/05 at 09:22
Regular
Gran Turismo 4 - Photo Galleries

Just post a message with your link if you'd like your Gran Turismo 4 gallery to be added to this thread. The galleries for GT4 so far are:

WòókieeMøn§†€®: [URL]http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1651903[/URL]
ssxpro: [URL]http://www.maths.bath.ac.uk/~ma0pnt/gt4.html[/URL]

If you want help getting your photos to PC, try the following ideas:

USB Stick: a decent one (which Wookiee and I have used) can be found by typing "512 MB Sony Micro Vault USB 2.0 Flash Key Pen Drive NEW" at e-bay. Its £23 including postage and does the job transfering pics from GT4 to PC (and also works as a regular stick elsewhere of course).

Photo Mode: There are photo modes for 3 credits in GT4 where you can take photos by pressing select during the replays and then saving the pictures to memory card or USB stick (the latter if you want to transfer to PC).

Good luck with your galleries!

Original Post:
First off, many thanks to Wookiee Monster for recommending the Sony Microvault USB stick (and even giving me a link to e-bay to buy one). If, after reading this, you also want to get one, this guy has about 40 left for the next two days of the auction. The link seemed to be too long for me to post, but if you type "512 MB Sony Micro Vault USB 2.0 Flash Key Pen Drive NEW" into the search engine it'll take you straight there.

Anyway, mine arrived yesterday and I spent the evening trying it out. Its actually quite a lot of fun taking photos and attempting to capture the more fun moments of the game. Choosing a car is quite a nightmare sometimes though! I just made a gallery of the photos I took:

[URL]http://www.maths.bath.ac.uk/~ma0pnt/gt4.html[/URL].

Feel free to post alternative galleries in this thread (for example, Wookiee has a few galleries we can add here).
Sun 16/10/05 at 18:18
"High polygon count"
Updated with some nice pics of my newly won BMW M3 GTR.

Images start on page 9 of the gallery.

[URL]http://www.photobox.co.uk/shared/browse.html?c_album=1651903&page=9&group=[/URL] to go straight there.
Wed 24/08/05 at 15:50
Creative Zen Micros work, maybe iPods and iPod Minis might work as well?
Wed 24/08/05 at 15:41
Regular
Yep, just me here now. Anyway, with no photoshoppery, a car (a Mercedes race car in fact) has been photographed flying. What's stranger is that this was done in the middle of a peaceful seaside resort.

[URL]http://www.maths.bath.ac.uk/~ma0pnt/GT4/0070.html[/URL]
Wed 24/08/05 at 08:25
Regular
Update:

A friend of mine tried his USB stick the other day - it wasn't a Sony brand but it still worked. This suggests that the problems I had before were just because it was a very basic freebie USB stick I was using at first. It seems that as long as the USB stick is one that tends to work without any installation software, then it'll work fine in a PS2.
Fri 19/08/05 at 12:29
Regular
Suggestion:

To liven up the thread and pave the way for others to make galleries if they discover a USB stick with the same capabilities, how about choosing a particular car, one that most people will have or can easily buy and running some sort of vague competition (nothing too nasty, just a little fun with photos)?
Thu 18/08/05 at 15:43
"High polygon count"
kugkv wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> I will let you guys know if the PSP works with a 1GB memory stick
> when
> mine finally arrives.
>
> ----
>
> Of course it does.

He means whether PSP works as a USB drive with the PS2, not whether PSP works with a 1GB stick. :-)
Thu 18/08/05 at 15:05
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> I will let you guys know if the PSP works with a 1GB memory stick when
> mine finally arrives.

----

Of course it does.
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:52
Regular
I will let you guys know if the PSP works with a 1GB memory stick when mine finally arrives.
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:28
Regular
Ah, many thanks Wookiee, I'll give that a try! It'd be nice to see some other cars racing in the background!

Chr1s: As Wookiee said, its likely that any Sony USB stick will work and maybe even other brands, but neither of us have had the chance to check for sure.

The paypal account is quick and easy to setup and fairly secure. A friend of mine bought a West Wing boxset, but the guy ran off with the money. Paypal's insurance refunded my friend in full. Its understandable though if you're not keen - e-bay can be a little nerve wracking at times! I hope you find a USB stick that works!
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:18
"High polygon count"
Chr1s wrote:
> Is it only that particular memory stick that allows you to do this?
> I'd like to have a go because I've taken a few crackers and I'd like
> to show 'em off a bit.

Any Sony pen drive should work. There are probably plenty of other brands that will work, but I can't give you any that I know for sure.

If you want a Sony one, you could try here: [URL]http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Sony[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.