GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems with Freeola mail"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 18:29
Regular
I'm finding I am unable to connect to my Freeola account to download E-mail.

Is there any known problems with the E-mail system??

Thanks.
Tue 04/03/03 at 18:29
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm finding I am unable to connect to my Freeola account to download E-mail.

Is there any known problems with the E-mail system??

Thanks.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Nope

Check their server status on the help page...

Mine works fine..
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mine only just came up *this second*. I could log in, but there was nothing there (when I knew there was). Wheeee flood.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:33
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It gets as far as 'Authorizing...', waits for ages, before askng me if I wait to wait or close the connection.

This isn't the first problem either. Sometimes, I get a pop-up asking to confirm my username and password two or three times before the connection validates. This seems to be a random thing, sometimes asking yet other times just goes through with no problem .. any ideas on that?
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:47
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Mine gets as far as Authorising, and asks me to enter my user ID and password. I do that, and it goes back to Connecting, then to Authorising again, and asks for my ID and password again. That repeats for as long as I can go without getting annoyed.

Other times, it'll get passed that bit, and an error will appear at the end, after recieving message from my other email. There will then be a list of errors rearding Freeola.

Also, I can't send Freeola email. It throws errors with that, too. I have to send them with my other mail account, with Supanet.
Tue 04/03/03 at 23:03
"High polygon count"
I've been getting errors on and off for months now. Outlook reports the error, then I click Send & Receive and it works. Then 15 minutes later when it tries automatically again, I get errors.

Settings are all okay - always worked fine, never been changed, work sometimes and not others. The problem is definitely with Freeola's servers.

I've never bothered mentioning it before because the accounts affected are for a friends website, which never receives much mail anyway. Does get annoying sometimes, though, when you're typing away and all of a sudden the error window pops up.

This is what I get - on all 4 mail accounts (address edited, obviously)...

"Task '[email protected] - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"

It's just come up again now.
Wed 05/03/03 at 08:40
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
E-mails seems to be sending and receiving as normanl now.
Fri 07/03/03 at 11:19
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Sorry folks, we've been suffering from a few gremlins with our main authentication servers. Lots of services rely on authentication so that's why you're seeing mail issues. We're over the worst I think but there may still be a little disruption.

Regards,
Danny

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.