GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 18:22
Regular
I went to have my hair cut today, I haven't been for six weeks so I looked like a walking shrubbery. Like most of you, probably, I tend to go to the same barbers, and like most of you, probably, I wonder whether they recognise me when I go in there.

This time there was a bit of queue, so I sat down and picked up the copy of FHM with the fittest bird on the front cover. Ten minutes go by.

I get a tap on the shoulder. It's the barber, a young chap, can't be more than 26.

"Mate, will you do me a favour?"

"Er, sure."

"If I give you £40 will you go and get me forty pound coins?"

"Er.."

"Cheers mate". He bundles two twenty pound notes into my hand. I find myself outside, with two banks two minutes down the road. I thought very long and hard about whether I should just leg it. It's a big city, with lots of other barbers. I'm an honest person, but I've never had to debate with myself so openly about whether to do a bad thing.

So what would you do? I queued up for 10 minutes at the bank, got his 40 pound coins, took them back to him and didn't even get a discount :O/
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Slaveunit wrote:
> would you empty their account?

No because you'd probably be caught on camera plus you'd never like it to happen to you either.

I'd have changed the money up for my local barber as he's a good bloke. Glad you made this topic, must get my hair cut soon.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:28
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I'd have done it seeing as it was the barbers, but if it was some bloke I might have legged it, i dunno.

It's like, if the person in front of you left their card in the cash machine with the pin still typed in, would you empty their account? (Bearing in mind that the guy behind you probably would...)
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:23
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, same. Although I've I found £50,000 I'd be tempted to run away from it all and live the high life in a non-extradition country.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I don't have my haircut at the barbers anymore.
£8 (or maybe more nowadays) for a bloody haircut, where the hair will only grow back in about a month anyway, no thanks.
I bought a hair cutting razor from Argos about three years ago and it has serviced me well in that time (and saved me from giving large amounts of cash to greedy barbers.)

But, if such a situation did arise, of course I would change the money and take the coins back. I'm very honest have been brought up with good morals you see.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Depends how far the bank is and if I would have lost my place in the queue.

Wouldnt have nicked the money, but would fancy walking for 30 mins to a bank and taking 2hrs for a haircut
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:16
"Pain In My Dark Cri"
Yes, mate. You might as well have not run. These things have a habit of catching up with you.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:13
"Darkness, always"
My barber's is 10 seconds walk from 4 banks. I'd have got them the change.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:12
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'd have got the change. It's not worth the risk especially if it was your local barber shop.
Tue 04/03/03 at 10:08
Regular
"I ush!"
I think I would've done the same.
I had a similar experience where the barber gave me a fiver and sent me to go and buy a packet of fags. Of course I did it because it was a small town and the guy knew my whole family, but when my Mum found out she wasn't too chuffed that he little darling had been being fags in the local newsagents.

Oh, and the guy cut my hair for free for my trouble.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:41
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I would have done it for the guy if he was big and mean incase I stumbled across him again, but if I didn't want to, obviously I wouldn't.

I'm sure you've heard about the shop assistant that found 20 grand in a bag left in a trolley, in that situation to be honest with myself, I think I'd take the money, but I'm sure my conscience will kick in resulting in me doing something I would later on regret.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.