GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Streets of Shame"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 18:03
Regular
The rate of bloodshed on our streets today is shocking to say the least. Hardly a day goes by when there aren’t reports of another killing, more tragedies and loss of life. In my area, fourteen people have been murdered in the last eighteen months, one of which happened only yards from my own doorstep a year ago. A couple more people have been victims of attempted murder in the same time period. I admit that not all the victims were innocent bystanders, most were victims of gangland murders, the remaining, victims of unprovoked brutal domestic killings.

A few short years ago in the early and mid 1990’s most murders were categorised as killings fuelled by alcohol and rage. Back then, this was seen as shocking as most people were appalled at the nature of these crimes. Now, most people barely bat an eyelid at such murders, partly because of desensitising, but mainly because there is a new, much more sinister crime wave on our streets and in our newspapers grabbing our attention these days-the gangland murder. These murders are often clinically executed professional killings, and are usually carried out to “solve” a dispute over “turf”, and often have a link to drugs. The scourge of drugs in our society means the victims are often murdered over small amounts of money, and in the worst cases their families and friends have been killed as “payment” too. There are rarely arrests and convictions for these killings, so the perpetrators go unpunished and are left free to kill again.

So what does this mean for our quality of life? Most people in my area are too afraid to walk the streets at night, fearing being caught up in two gangs’ public hate for each other. Machine gun-toting police are a sight no one wants to see on the streets, but it may soon become a reality in many communities. It is a move that would surely be designed to make us feel safer, but will inevitably fill us with anxiety. I dare say it would do little to prevent gangland crimes, just move the killers off the streets and into the houses away from prying eyes. The impact of murder is felt throughout an entire community, and police are struggling to cope with the steadily rising tide of killings. In the coming weeks and months, more people will become gangland victims on our streets. How many more will die before a real and effective solution will be found to stop these murders on our streets of shame?
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
michael l wrote:
> Bah!!
>
> I thought that was some sort of streets of rage post.

Sorry to disappoint you michael!
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:07
Regular
Bah!!

I thought that was some sort of streets of rage post.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:03
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The rate of bloodshed on our streets today is shocking to say the least. Hardly a day goes by when there aren’t reports of another killing, more tragedies and loss of life. In my area, fourteen people have been murdered in the last eighteen months, one of which happened only yards from my own doorstep a year ago. A couple more people have been victims of attempted murder in the same time period. I admit that not all the victims were innocent bystanders, most were victims of gangland murders, the remaining, victims of unprovoked brutal domestic killings.

A few short years ago in the early and mid 1990’s most murders were categorised as killings fuelled by alcohol and rage. Back then, this was seen as shocking as most people were appalled at the nature of these crimes. Now, most people barely bat an eyelid at such murders, partly because of desensitising, but mainly because there is a new, much more sinister crime wave on our streets and in our newspapers grabbing our attention these days-the gangland murder. These murders are often clinically executed professional killings, and are usually carried out to “solve” a dispute over “turf”, and often have a link to drugs. The scourge of drugs in our society means the victims are often murdered over small amounts of money, and in the worst cases their families and friends have been killed as “payment” too. There are rarely arrests and convictions for these killings, so the perpetrators go unpunished and are left free to kill again.

So what does this mean for our quality of life? Most people in my area are too afraid to walk the streets at night, fearing being caught up in two gangs’ public hate for each other. Machine gun-toting police are a sight no one wants to see on the streets, but it may soon become a reality in many communities. It is a move that would surely be designed to make us feel safer, but will inevitably fill us with anxiety. I dare say it would do little to prevent gangland crimes, just move the killers off the streets and into the houses away from prying eyes. The impact of murder is felt throughout an entire community, and police are struggling to cope with the steadily rising tide of killings. In the coming weeks and months, more people will become gangland victims on our streets. How many more will die before a real and effective solution will be found to stop these murders on our streets of shame?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.