GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who is the best at being the worst?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 13:01
Regular
Who were the best bad guys ever?
What do you thing makes a bad guy, well, good?

If you asked me my favourite kids tv program I would tell you that He-man was my favourite, without a shadow of a doubt, but as an arch nemesis Skeletor was pretty pants. He always seemed like a bit of a frustrated moaning git (and when I say He-man I mean the original, none of that new adventures rubbish).

Now Bowser is a big, imposing brute and a half, towering over a poor little portly plumber it seems that there is no contest, yet somehow, he always seems to lose to such a seemingly pathetic opponent. More often than not this isn’t because Mario is so good, but because Bowser always leaves himself open to attack. I suppose it is the gaming version of “no I have captured you, I will reveal the intricacies of my evil plan and then leave you alone to die in an unnecessarily drawn out trap, possibly under the watchful eye of . . yeah, you guessed it, one inept guard”
If Bowser just stomped on the tubby little moustachioed fool he’d win. So through his own stupidity, I’m ruling Bowser out.

There are many, many other options. Darth Vader would’ve been pretty good, except for the eventual human condition. The Emperor made a pretty good bad guy. He was seemingly defenceless yet ultimately powerful, and utterly evil.

Finally in my mind I have settled on one bad guy, who like the Emperor is seemingly defenceless yet ultimately powerful, although in this case the difference between the two is clearly defined. My ultimate bad guy is . . .

Drum roll please . .

Mumra, the Everliving.

In one form he is seemingly defenceless, but when he transforms he is extremely powerful. His opponents are formidable and I don’t ever recall that he bought into the unnecessarily drawn out trap scenario. He certainly never showed any major weaknesses that I recall, and often only failed because of the incompetence of his bumbling (and unimaginatively named) henchmen.

Let me know what you think. I certainly haven’t managed to compile an exhaustive list. What makes a good bad guy? And who are the best of the best?
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:01
Regular
"I ush!"
Who were the best bad guys ever?
What do you thing makes a bad guy, well, good?

If you asked me my favourite kids tv program I would tell you that He-man was my favourite, without a shadow of a doubt, but as an arch nemesis Skeletor was pretty pants. He always seemed like a bit of a frustrated moaning git (and when I say He-man I mean the original, none of that new adventures rubbish).

Now Bowser is a big, imposing brute and a half, towering over a poor little portly plumber it seems that there is no contest, yet somehow, he always seems to lose to such a seemingly pathetic opponent. More often than not this isn’t because Mario is so good, but because Bowser always leaves himself open to attack. I suppose it is the gaming version of “no I have captured you, I will reveal the intricacies of my evil plan and then leave you alone to die in an unnecessarily drawn out trap, possibly under the watchful eye of . . yeah, you guessed it, one inept guard”
If Bowser just stomped on the tubby little moustachioed fool he’d win. So through his own stupidity, I’m ruling Bowser out.

There are many, many other options. Darth Vader would’ve been pretty good, except for the eventual human condition. The Emperor made a pretty good bad guy. He was seemingly defenceless yet ultimately powerful, and utterly evil.

Finally in my mind I have settled on one bad guy, who like the Emperor is seemingly defenceless yet ultimately powerful, although in this case the difference between the two is clearly defined. My ultimate bad guy is . . .

Drum roll please . .

Mumra, the Everliving.

In one form he is seemingly defenceless, but when he transforms he is extremely powerful. His opponents are formidable and I don’t ever recall that he bought into the unnecessarily drawn out trap scenario. He certainly never showed any major weaknesses that I recall, and often only failed because of the incompetence of his bumbling (and unimaginatively named) henchmen.

Let me know what you think. I certainly haven’t managed to compile an exhaustive list. What makes a good bad guy? And who are the best of the best?
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've got the Thundercats out-takes from the voice recording.

Mum-Ra swears and asks to see Cheeterah's baps.
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:04
Regular
"I ush!"
cool,

where did you get that from?
can you post a link?
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Megatron was pretty good as was Venger (was that his name) from Dungeons & Dragons...

Hmmm...i'll try to think of some more...
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:07
Regular
"I ush!"
Yeah, venger was a bit of an evil b*Stard, wasn't he?

That horse of his was just scary
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, he was cool.

Damn it to hades, I can't think of any more scary evil characters.

Goatboy, surely you know of some more?
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:10
"Darkness, always"
Goatboy wrote:
> I've got the Thundercats out-takes from the voice recording.
>
> Mum-Ra swears and asks to see Cheeterah's baps.

Yeah, that's great.

"I want to see your ***s my dear!"
"Mothaaaaar ****aaaaar!"

Genius outtakes.
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Simon Says wrote:
> cool,
>
> where did you get that from?
> can you post a link?
-----

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~tdv20/thundercats/
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Panthro: "And keep your foot off that blasted Samo-Flange."
Unknown voice: "What the **** is a Samo-Flange?!"
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
My mate bought in a range of Arnie quotes on cd. Basically, for every character on your keyboard, Arnie says a different phrase. You can link up the phrases to make very coherent sentences..

"I'M A COP YOU IDIOT!"
"WHO'S YOUR DADDY AND WHAT DOES HE DO?"
"YOU'RE A CHOIRBOY COMPARED TO ME!"

Stuff like that. Anyway, here comes the best bit - we dialed random numbers up through the computer's internal phone line and used all the phrases on unsuspecting victims and freaked them out with the range of full blown converations you could have. And we recorded them onto CD. There's one with a Yank woman who doesn't know what's going on and we managed to put the fear of God into her.

I've never laughed so much in my life. We did it to about 20 people, of which 6 of them made the final grade for being the funniest things I've heard in a long while.

Excellent work!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.