GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS IT ME OR IS THE GAME CUBE PURPLE!!!!!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/01/01 at 10:29
Regular
Now dont get me wrong purples a lovely colour but is that the only colour you will be able to get the console in, okay so it dont really matter what colour the console is cause the games will still play the same, but come on nintendo maybe a tasteful grey like the 64 or black like dare i say it the playstation 2 but not purple. Anyone know if purple really is the only colour the gamecube will come in.

Oh and another question why a cube? It looks like a small box with a Cd drive at the top, what are nintendo playing at every other console theyve ever made (if u asked me) has looked oh so much better than the competitions, i mean look at the playstation, what an ugly piece of kit that was, it looked like a great big concrete slab, the sought of thing you would use to make a patio.

Anway ive had my say, im sure the gamecube will be brilliant anyway, no matter what it looks like im still gonna get it.
Tue 30/01/01 at 22:02
Regular
yeah thats pritty good never thought of that. it would be cool selling promotional covers for the console. it would be good so u could hype yourself up even more for the game u want. maybe they could sometimes give one away free with magazines to promote soon to be released games. this could lead to more people wanting that particular game.

just depends on how much they cost to make i supose, but if the covers increased the sales of games then it would make more money in the long run
Mon 29/01/01 at 19:51
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Thats not a bad idea you've got there... games companies could release promotional covers for games... Mario Cover, DK cover, etc...
Mon 29/01/01 at 19:05
Regular
anybody think it would be good selling the gamecube with some sort of changeable cover thing like the nokia phones? i reckon it would be a great idea. u could change the covers to suit your mood and when one of your covers gets damaged or something u could just throw it away and buy a new one. personally i wanna get a silver gamecube to go with my cover for my 8210.
Sun 28/01/01 at 22:27
It also comes in different colorz if u noticed the pic of it. Go to www.nintendo.com/gamecube/acc.html to see the pics

DrAgOnZ ShADoW 3000
~1013~
Fri 19/01/01 at 21:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
ahh yes so it is... sorry, the 60's were standin right next to me when I said it, I often get confused as to whos saying what when that happens :)

I like purple really... even got the purple GameBoy Colour... Honest! :)
Fri 19/01/01 at 20:11
Regular
it's just you
Wed 17/01/01 at 11:21
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I think the 60's answer that question :)

Tue 16/01/01 at 22:29
Regular
Is there something wrong with purple?
Sun 14/01/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Just the controller?... cheap skates... how much does a can of gold spray paint cost? :)
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:57
Regular
It was just the controller that was gold. I've got one, and I'm hanging on to it, but only because I love playing the games.

If it ever becomes a collecters item, I may consider selling it, but not yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.