GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mobile- Build your own!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 20:45
Regular
I recently fixed my own phone and when opening i realised its only built of a few things

Battery-20
Chassis-15
Screen-15
Main mobile phone bit - Does anyone know?
Case-10
Buttons-1
And microphone, power input suply-15
oh and a speaker-5

thats around 80 quid! without the main mobile fone chip, but does anyone know how much they cost.

Because it might be cheaper to put your own fone together.
Mon 03/03/03 at 00:02
Regular
Mind you tho. The parts will have a waranty wont they. So its not too bad is it.
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
No warranty, if it goes wrong, you've gotta fix it yourself...
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:56
Regular
i was just talking to one of my friends, He did my idea with a 3510I, he paid just 65 for it, when in shops its 140! so u save a lot.
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Whooo! wrote:
> £10 to manufacture,

The cost of making the phone in the factory ... and is in fact quite an accurate guess for the price.

Why do you think so many companies now give you free phones with contracts??? Because it doesn't cost them as much as they have you believe.

So, yeah, you probably could make a phone cheaper than buying it new ... but you won't get one for as little as a tenner, as manufactures buy their items in bulk, getting big discounts.

Save yourself the time and hassle, just buy a new phone :) You'll only save a little bit more, but loose the back-up from the phone company.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:41
Regular
SPAM!

c.b.
Sun 02/03/03 at 00:35
Regular
they aint a mobile topic!

£10 quid ! what ever!!! and even if it does it costs us 100quid to buy it.
Sun 02/03/03 at 00:26
Regular
"How Handy."
Most mobile phones cost about £10 to manufacture, but what's this got to do with Web Design, PC, Internet or Freeola?
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:45
Regular
I recently fixed my own phone and when opening i realised its only built of a few things

Battery-20
Chassis-15
Screen-15
Main mobile phone bit - Does anyone know?
Case-10
Buttons-1
And microphone, power input suply-15
oh and a speaker-5

thats around 80 quid! without the main mobile fone chip, but does anyone know how much they cost.

Because it might be cheaper to put your own fone together.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.