GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thundercats - the possible return ( my opinion)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 15:45
Regular
I predict the return of the Thundercats by the end of the year. I know they've been back since about last year in comic book format but I believe it's just a matter of time now before they come back as either action figures or thorught the means of new or old episodes(preferably old) or both. Here's what evidence I have to go on.

1) The release of the Transformers DVDs back in 2001. The came out and from what I have seen, they have sold well. They've released at least three more and one which I think is the Japanesse version aswell. There has also been the Movie rleased on DVD.
There are also the comic books and release of graphic novels that are also appearing. Include that with the release of the toys and other related products from both the old and new version of transformers(the one on Fox Kids, I don't think it's the Japanesse version) and Armada, things are looking up for transformers and so more 80's cartoon related products should be on there way

2) The re-issue of old He-Man action figures. This must mean that there is a market for classic 80's T.V cartoons. Also there has been a He-Man comic release which must mean that people want what was once part of their childhood back.

3) The new G.I. Joe toys (and I think I saw a Care bear advert). Another 80's toy sensation. Making a come back with the new adverts for them which,if the toys sell well, could lead to the arrival of other toy's from he 80's.

These three factors, together with my hope, should hopefully lead to the return of the Thundercats. And remember;

Truth, Honor, Loyalty and Justice. (The code of Thundera)
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
My Brother has a Thundercats video which he brought off eBay. Between us we have quite a mighty collection of cult cartoon videos.

He has:
Thundercats
MR T cartoon
Rude Dog And The Dweebs

I have:
Kid N Play cartoon
Super Ted
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Bucky O'hare
Captain Planet
Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling
Ren and Stimpy

I'm sure we have more...Anyway it's just cool to have videos of old cartoons for whenever you feel like reminicing the good ol' days.
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:07
Regular
"I'm Great."
Super ted was pretty cool. Wasn't there one episode of wacky races where Dick Dastardly actually won a race?
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I found a tape the other day that my Uncle made for me when I was younger, it has Thundercats, SuperTed and Wacky Racers on it.
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:02
Regular
"I'm Great."
I found my Snarf and Mumm-ra figures. They sit proudly on my T.V. I think I had the sword but my mother probably gave that away as she did with my tape. It was the opening "movie" Exodus. I still can't quite forgive her.
Sat 01/03/03 at 17:56
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I never had the figures, but I did have the sword.
Sat 01/03/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
John.J wrote:
> I used to love Thundercats!

Same here! Use to have all the figures!
Sat 01/03/03 at 16:23
Regular
I used to love Thundercats!
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Thundercats hoooooooooooooooooooo!
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:45
Regular
"I'm Great."
I predict the return of the Thundercats by the end of the year. I know they've been back since about last year in comic book format but I believe it's just a matter of time now before they come back as either action figures or thorught the means of new or old episodes(preferably old) or both. Here's what evidence I have to go on.

1) The release of the Transformers DVDs back in 2001. The came out and from what I have seen, they have sold well. They've released at least three more and one which I think is the Japanesse version aswell. There has also been the Movie rleased on DVD.
There are also the comic books and release of graphic novels that are also appearing. Include that with the release of the toys and other related products from both the old and new version of transformers(the one on Fox Kids, I don't think it's the Japanesse version) and Armada, things are looking up for transformers and so more 80's cartoon related products should be on there way

2) The re-issue of old He-Man action figures. This must mean that there is a market for classic 80's T.V cartoons. Also there has been a He-Man comic release which must mean that people want what was once part of their childhood back.

3) The new G.I. Joe toys (and I think I saw a Care bear advert). Another 80's toy sensation. Making a come back with the new adverts for them which,if the toys sell well, could lead to the arrival of other toy's from he 80's.

These three factors, together with my hope, should hopefully lead to the return of the Thundercats. And remember;

Truth, Honor, Loyalty and Justice. (The code of Thundera)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.