GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Story of Gollum/Smeagol (for those who haven't read the book)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 14:29
Regular
After watching The Two Towers you're introduced to Gollum. And near the end I take it you hate him. This message is for those who haven't read the books. This is what realy happened.
First of all you know that Isildur cut the Ring from Sourons hand and then lost it in the River Anduin. What you don't know is that Smeagol was actually a Hobbit once. Then apparantly Smeagol finds the Ring and takes it to the Misty Mountians for 500 years, the end of Gollums part until The Two Towers.
What actually happened is this. Smeagol and his cousin Deagol were fishing in the river Anduin and the Deagol noticed something shining in the water so he jumped in and got it. When he came up, Smeagol was looking at it over his shoulder and he said "Give us that, Deagol, My love" Then Deagol said "Why?"
"Because it's our birthday, and we wants it"
"I've already given you more than I could afford. I found this and I'm going to keep it!"
"Oh are you indeed, my love?" And the Smeagol strangled Deagol and took the ring. He used it to sneak about and find out secrets. The they started to call him Gollum and his family cast him away.
Then he wen't to the Misty Mountians because the sun hurt his skin and he cursed it.
You know what happened there: He started to become reallt skinny and lose his hair etc, then Bilbo found the Ring and took it to the shire. What happned inside the cave was that Bilbo spoke to Gollum and told him his name. They played a riddle game; if Gollum won then he got to eat Bilbo; if Bilbo won, Gollum would have to show him the way out of the Goblin tunnels. At the end of the game Gollum said "Ask us a question" So Bilbo asked by accident "What have I got in my pocket?" Then he got three guesses but he couldn't get it and Bilbo ran away.
After the "theft" of his "birthday present", Smeagol found the strength to venture out and pursue the Ring. He wandered far and wide until the year 3017, when he was captured by Sauron. This is how Sauron found out about the name of Baggins. Soon after he was captured by Aragorn, who turned him over to Gandalf, but managed to escape during an orc raid, immediately setting off in search of the Ring. He managed to catch up with Frodo and the Fellowship near the West Gate of Moria. And now you know the rest, I won't say anymore because I'll spoil the film for you.
But the point of this was to explain that Gollum isn't all bad - or at least Smeagol isn't...
Sat 01/03/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Chris Morris"
After watching The Two Towers you're introduced to Gollum. And near the end I take it you hate him. This message is for those who haven't read the books. This is what realy happened.
First of all you know that Isildur cut the Ring from Sourons hand and then lost it in the River Anduin. What you don't know is that Smeagol was actually a Hobbit once. Then apparantly Smeagol finds the Ring and takes it to the Misty Mountians for 500 years, the end of Gollums part until The Two Towers.
What actually happened is this. Smeagol and his cousin Deagol were fishing in the river Anduin and the Deagol noticed something shining in the water so he jumped in and got it. When he came up, Smeagol was looking at it over his shoulder and he said "Give us that, Deagol, My love" Then Deagol said "Why?"
"Because it's our birthday, and we wants it"
"I've already given you more than I could afford. I found this and I'm going to keep it!"
"Oh are you indeed, my love?" And the Smeagol strangled Deagol and took the ring. He used it to sneak about and find out secrets. The they started to call him Gollum and his family cast him away.
Then he wen't to the Misty Mountians because the sun hurt his skin and he cursed it.
You know what happened there: He started to become reallt skinny and lose his hair etc, then Bilbo found the Ring and took it to the shire. What happned inside the cave was that Bilbo spoke to Gollum and told him his name. They played a riddle game; if Gollum won then he got to eat Bilbo; if Bilbo won, Gollum would have to show him the way out of the Goblin tunnels. At the end of the game Gollum said "Ask us a question" So Bilbo asked by accident "What have I got in my pocket?" Then he got three guesses but he couldn't get it and Bilbo ran away.
After the "theft" of his "birthday present", Smeagol found the strength to venture out and pursue the Ring. He wandered far and wide until the year 3017, when he was captured by Sauron. This is how Sauron found out about the name of Baggins. Soon after he was captured by Aragorn, who turned him over to Gandalf, but managed to escape during an orc raid, immediately setting off in search of the Ring. He managed to catch up with Frodo and the Fellowship near the West Gate of Moria. And now you know the rest, I won't say anymore because I'll spoil the film for you.
But the point of this was to explain that Gollum isn't all bad - or at least Smeagol isn't...
Sat 01/03/03 at 14:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And then he runs along. Scavenges about. Follows. Bites. Falls.

Thats enough to gon for now.
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Cyclone! You almost gave away what happens near the end! lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.