GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Evaluate your life using The Sims model"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 14:28
Regular
For anyone not aware of The Sims it is a game in which you control the lives of a number of Simoleans, who are either happy or unhappy depending upon a number of factors. The Sims can work, have relationships with one another etc. Their happiness is determined by how Hungry they are (hunger), how much energy they have (energy), how hygienic they are (hygiene), how much social activity they are involved in (social), how comfy they are (comfort), how much they need the toilet (bladder), how much fun they are having (fun) and how much they like their surroundings (room).

I'm going to evaluate my current situation using this model and allocating a percentage to each, then I'm going to take an average to discover if I'd be a happy Sim. Just a bit of fun really. I don't really expect to learn anything from it, but you never know.

Hunger: 70% Just had a bite before training this morning, but am feeling okay right now.
Energy: 35% Couldn't sleep much last night, am pretty tired.
Hygiene: 80% Fresh out of the bath after training, but dressing gown could do with being washed.
Social: 90% Pretty good socially. Maybe a little too good though . .
Comfort: 80% I love my leather office chair :).
Bladder: 90% Couldn't go right now, even if my life depended on it (which it doesn't)
Fun: 65% I guess I'm okay right now,
Room: 60% Office room needs a good cleanout. If only I had the number of a good maid.

Average : 71 1/4 %

In The Sims the happiness scale has eight bars, anything below 50% would be on the sad side, anything above would be on the happy side.

0% - 12.5% wretched
12.5% - 25% miserable
25% - 37.5% fairly unhappy
37.5% - 50% a bit down
50% - 62.5% a bit up
62.5% - 75% happy
75% - 87.5% ecstatic
87.5% - 100% delirious

So, I guess that makes me happy. Things could be a bit better, but they could be a lot worse.

Have a go, it's just a bit of fun after all :)
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:36
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
>
> Hunger: 40% I had fish and chips earlier but "I could eat"
> Energy: 10% Energy? whats that.
> Hygiene: 90% Just got in from having my hair cut, and took a bath, but I've been walking around in my bare feet
> Social: 20% I don't even want to discuss this one
> Comfort: 50% It pretty cold in here, but I'm wrapped in my favorite blanket
> Bladder: 100% I just went (too much info?)
> Fun: 50% I could be having more fun
> Room: 70% The Ogre tidies up after me
> Average : 54%

>
> 50% - 62.5% a bit up

Funny considering my present mind set
Sat 01/03/03 at 17:08
Regular
"I ush!"
really? My mistake then. Sounds more like a nationality to me than a currency.

Maybe it'll teach me to have less techno joy and read the manual once in a while : )
Sat 01/03/03 at 14:54
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Simileans is the currency used in the game, not the name of the species of the characters. Anyways, inventive post, congrats.
Sat 01/03/03 at 14:28
Regular
"I ush!"
For anyone not aware of The Sims it is a game in which you control the lives of a number of Simoleans, who are either happy or unhappy depending upon a number of factors. The Sims can work, have relationships with one another etc. Their happiness is determined by how Hungry they are (hunger), how much energy they have (energy), how hygienic they are (hygiene), how much social activity they are involved in (social), how comfy they are (comfort), how much they need the toilet (bladder), how much fun they are having (fun) and how much they like their surroundings (room).

I'm going to evaluate my current situation using this model and allocating a percentage to each, then I'm going to take an average to discover if I'd be a happy Sim. Just a bit of fun really. I don't really expect to learn anything from it, but you never know.

Hunger: 70% Just had a bite before training this morning, but am feeling okay right now.
Energy: 35% Couldn't sleep much last night, am pretty tired.
Hygiene: 80% Fresh out of the bath after training, but dressing gown could do with being washed.
Social: 90% Pretty good socially. Maybe a little too good though . .
Comfort: 80% I love my leather office chair :).
Bladder: 90% Couldn't go right now, even if my life depended on it (which it doesn't)
Fun: 65% I guess I'm okay right now,
Room: 60% Office room needs a good cleanout. If only I had the number of a good maid.

Average : 71 1/4 %

In The Sims the happiness scale has eight bars, anything below 50% would be on the sad side, anything above would be on the happy side.

0% - 12.5% wretched
12.5% - 25% miserable
25% - 37.5% fairly unhappy
37.5% - 50% a bit down
50% - 62.5% a bit up
62.5% - 75% happy
75% - 87.5% ecstatic
87.5% - 100% delirious

So, I guess that makes me happy. Things could be a bit better, but they could be a lot worse.

Have a go, it's just a bit of fun after all :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.