GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOCKDOWN: which character class will you be?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tom Clancy Rainbow Six: Lockdown'.
Sat 20/08/05 at 04:31
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/641/641372p1.html[/URL]

Which will you choose and why?
Sun 21/08/05 at 01:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yeah, they've removed the crouch-walking and lean-walking - which seems daft to me, because A) it can be done in real life and B) it's tactical! Also, you have to hold down the Left Stick to crouch (a la HALO) as you said, and again, that's just stupid. As long as the hit detection is coded correctly, they shouldn't have to restrict any movement. Hopefully you can 'toggle' both the crouching and the leaning in the final game.

They might just be doing it as a anti-glitching measure.

Still, roll on the 9/9, i'm looking forward to it... we should all get in a big server on that friday night and all have a blast.
Sun 21/08/05 at 01:13
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm hearing they've removed quite a lot out of the game, such as crouching and running..now you just crouch like Halo 2. Apparently the auto-aiming makes it too easy and there is just no surprise or tactics to the gameplay anymore, I really hope it is decent though because I and my mate have high hopes for the co-op mode.
Sun 21/08/05 at 00:58
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Agreed. Although i'll definitely get it. I'll definitely keep RS3 and BA because I can guarantee that there'll be a dozen of my 'Friends' on both who wont touch Lockdown with a bargepole - it's too arcadey, apparetly.

It should be good, but very different to Rainbow 3. Time will tell.
Sun 21/08/05 at 00:53
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm still debating whether or not to get Lockdown, it just doesn't look at all like traditional Rainbow.
Sun 21/08/05 at 00:52
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'll use whoever has that gun with the scope...

Apparently there's only one (rifle/machine gun thingy) this time around that has the old-style type scopes.

Ah, there we go...

The AS9, apparently.. some Russian effort...

http://www.rainbowsixgame.com/us/lockdown/index.php / [URL]http://www.rainbowsixgame.com/us/lockdown/index.php[/URL]

Game Info > Weapons..
Sat 20/08/05 at 19:02
Regular
"8==="
Ashman wrote:
> You can only choose one character class per account?
>
> That's really crap.

Yeah that's the general idea although I suppose it might let you erase your character if things aren't working out so you can choose another class.

Let's hope so.
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:33
Regular
"\\"
Whicever has the M16:A2...

This game DOES have the M16 doesn't it? :(
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:24
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
You can only choose one character class per account?

That's really crap.
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:16
Regular
"8==="
My other idea is to use some 3 month trials to see which class suits me the best (you can only have 1 class per account).
Sat 20/08/05 at 18:08
Regular
"8==="
Engineer sounds fun but I think I might have to go for the one you can armour-up the most and then go in up close and personal with the galil as usual. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.