GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Thinker, The Maker - Short Story"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/02/03 at 10:59
Regular
I am the thinker. He is the maker.

I can't explain why. I'm not even sure if I even know. But my being has been split in two. One who knows only thought. The other who knows only actions.

I'm stuck in an embodiment I cannot control. For I am the thinker. I have no place outside that. The day I was born, my soul was wished away. But I lived on. I lived a normal life. But slowly my life fell apart. I lost my home. I lost my family. I lost any reason to live. Then I lost the one part of me that I thought was mine. Myself.

But I go on. Life is a travesty but I go on. Searching. Searching for it.

For what? My destiny. I am the thinker, I need to know. Whatever may stand in my way doesn't matter anymore. Death, destruction. It's part of me. It's part of him. Some see me as an abstract distortion on reality. But aren't I real? Everyone searches for their purpose in life. Some even choose their own paths. But when I become one again, I will know.

He is the maker.

He acts, he doesn't know of thoughts, a mind in which to reflect on. Only the movements he makes. It's as if we're two completely different beings intertwined in order to find the ultimate goal. The goal of end. The end of the searches. The end of this.

Death is just another obstacle. The maker creates it. I design it. Death in many forms, in order to find our goal. Obscurity has positioned my mind. At first I didn't like it. But feelings make you weaker. Now I don't care. I don't even know what care means. He has taught me. I have taught him. Broken necks, strangled victims, screams of terror. This is reality. It's as real as eating, or sleeping, if not more.

But we go on. Searching for an eternity. The only we stop is when an obstacle gets in our way. But a crack of the neck puts it right. I can sleep while he goes on. He never stops. He is the maker.

He has brushed away death so many times. Like you would a fly, a piece of dust, something that obstructs you from doing what you have to do. Yet everyday it looms, looms upon us both. But it's reality. And reality is it.

But now we have a target. We can feel it. I can feel it. Today went so quick. My thoughts are slightly blurred. What I've been searching for is here. Snap, choke... death.

But we needed to enter a building. An old Factory. There were two obstacles. No problem. Wire everywhere. It was screaming to me. Screaming to the thinker. All he had to do was pull. Hearing their heads slump to the ground and then their bodies signalled me. But it I knew it would have worked. I am the thinker.

What was in there? A wreck. The corpses guarding it stared up. All my searching for this? No. No it wasn't. There was dark void within me. I wasn't done. This is merely something I had to overcome.

But then I saw it. A glint. A shimmer of light in an otherwise hell-like dungeon. A shimmer of hope? Or just another lie in an almost never ending life of darkness? No, it meant something.

I am thinker. I know. It was a hole. Leading to light. Lightness like I'd never imagined. Chaos didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered. Nothing but this. Then I was awoken. Which leaves me here.

Rain falling on me, while my surroundings are happy. I had found myself. Now I have to face reality. Now I have to face death...

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Sat 01/03/03 at 11:43
Regular
Cheers :-)

I like writing in different ways, normal grammar's just stupid.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:07
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Pretty class, the short, punchy sentences give good effect, well written.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I thought that was very good. I'm not sure what it's about, but it doesn't matter. It has a nice ebb and flow to it.
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:15
Regular
Interesting. Read it a while ago then left it to settle...

Odd but good pretty much nails it I think...
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:08
Regular
Cheers :-)

Feedback would be appreaciated, everyone.
Fri 28/02/03 at 11:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Odd, but good.
Fri 28/02/03 at 10:59
Regular
I am the thinker. He is the maker.

I can't explain why. I'm not even sure if I even know. But my being has been split in two. One who knows only thought. The other who knows only actions.

I'm stuck in an embodiment I cannot control. For I am the thinker. I have no place outside that. The day I was born, my soul was wished away. But I lived on. I lived a normal life. But slowly my life fell apart. I lost my home. I lost my family. I lost any reason to live. Then I lost the one part of me that I thought was mine. Myself.

But I go on. Life is a travesty but I go on. Searching. Searching for it.

For what? My destiny. I am the thinker, I need to know. Whatever may stand in my way doesn't matter anymore. Death, destruction. It's part of me. It's part of him. Some see me as an abstract distortion on reality. But aren't I real? Everyone searches for their purpose in life. Some even choose their own paths. But when I become one again, I will know.

He is the maker.

He acts, he doesn't know of thoughts, a mind in which to reflect on. Only the movements he makes. It's as if we're two completely different beings intertwined in order to find the ultimate goal. The goal of end. The end of the searches. The end of this.

Death is just another obstacle. The maker creates it. I design it. Death in many forms, in order to find our goal. Obscurity has positioned my mind. At first I didn't like it. But feelings make you weaker. Now I don't care. I don't even know what care means. He has taught me. I have taught him. Broken necks, strangled victims, screams of terror. This is reality. It's as real as eating, or sleeping, if not more.

But we go on. Searching for an eternity. The only we stop is when an obstacle gets in our way. But a crack of the neck puts it right. I can sleep while he goes on. He never stops. He is the maker.

He has brushed away death so many times. Like you would a fly, a piece of dust, something that obstructs you from doing what you have to do. Yet everyday it looms, looms upon us both. But it's reality. And reality is it.

But now we have a target. We can feel it. I can feel it. Today went so quick. My thoughts are slightly blurred. What I've been searching for is here. Snap, choke... death.

But we needed to enter a building. An old Factory. There were two obstacles. No problem. Wire everywhere. It was screaming to me. Screaming to the thinker. All he had to do was pull. Hearing their heads slump to the ground and then their bodies signalled me. But it I knew it would have worked. I am the thinker.

What was in there? A wreck. The corpses guarding it stared up. All my searching for this? No. No it wasn't. There was dark void within me. I wasn't done. This is merely something I had to overcome.

But then I saw it. A glint. A shimmer of light in an otherwise hell-like dungeon. A shimmer of hope? Or just another lie in an almost never ending life of darkness? No, it meant something.

I am thinker. I know. It was a hole. Leading to light. Lightness like I'd never imagined. Chaos didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered. Nothing but this. Then I was awoken. Which leaves me here.

Rain falling on me, while my surroundings are happy. I had found myself. Now I have to face reality. Now I have to face death...

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.