GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hosting a website confusion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/11/08 at 14:36
Regular
Hi,

Ive bought a web domain through Freeola recently and created my website. Im at the stage where I need to buy web hosting, however this is an area that I really dont have much experience of.

If I buy Freeola VIP hosting what do i do next?

Do I need to change the server address the site is hosted on in my Freeola account? how do I link the two seperate things?

As you can tell, im very very confused.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Kind regards, Deeyouensee
Thu 27/11/08 at 19:56
Regular
Thank you for your help, its greatly appreciated

Deeyouensee
Thu 27/11/08 at 18:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Deeyouensee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ive bought a web domain through Freeola recently and created my
> website. Im at the stage where I need to buy web hosting, however
> this is an area that I really dont have much experience of.
>
> If I buy Freeola VIP hosting what do i do next?
>
> Do I need to change the server address the site is hosted on in
> my Freeola account? how do I link the two seperate things?
>
> As you can tell, im very very confused.
>
> Any help will be greatly appriciated.
>
> Kind regards, Deeyouensee

Follow the Hmmm...advice:-)
Thu 27/11/08 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
If you buy a VIP Hosting product from Freeola, you will be assigned a new webspace folder on the VIP Hosting servers. The FTP details for this webspace will be available in your MyFreeola account. Simply upload your webspace files to this folder. You will be able to assign your domain name as the primary web address for this folder using the on-screen prompts.

If you already have a domain name in your MyFreeola account, this address should simply appear as an option when assigning an address to your webspace.

If I have misunderstood the question, or if you need any further advice, please let us know.
Thu 27/11/08 at 15:09
"Are you sure?"
Hi Deeyouensee, welcome to the forums.

I can see why you are a bit confused - I'm a Freeola customer with many domains (100+) registered/hosted with them and when I read the recently updated hosting options I can get a bit lost as well!

If you've registered your domain with Freeola (which it sounds like you have) then this will have unlimited free hosting already included.

If you are connected using Freeola ADSL or dialup then there's nothing more you need to do/buy - you can start uploading (via FTP) your content. I'm an Freeola ADSL customer so this is what I do and it works very well :¬)

If you aren't with Freeola then you either need to use a dialup connection (0845 number) or upgrade to a VIP package (I think this used to be called Web Freedom but now has more functionality included). The VIP products give you more functionality over the standard hosting but you can install your own scripts etc. to set things up as you want if you do use the standard hosting.

I'm sure Freeola will be along to explain things better than I can...

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 27/11/08 at 14:36
Regular
Hi,

Ive bought a web domain through Freeola recently and created my website. Im at the stage where I need to buy web hosting, however this is an area that I really dont have much experience of.

If I buy Freeola VIP hosting what do i do next?

Do I need to change the server address the site is hosted on in my Freeola account? how do I link the two seperate things?

As you can tell, im very very confused.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Kind regards, Deeyouensee

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.