GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When will they release a processor faster than 3.06ghz!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 22:50
Regular
Its been 4 month or so now since the faster procer came out - Not over clocked mind!

Does anyone know of any news of when the next one is going to be realeased
Thu 27/02/03 at 22:50
Regular
Its been 4 month or so now since the faster procer came out - Not over clocked mind!

Does anyone know of any news of when the next one is going to be realeased
Thu 27/02/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
When will they make a cork big enough to shove down people's throats and stop them from talking?

One of those questions we'll never know...

Ask them, look at their website for the news, I'm sure it will tell you when things are gonna be released...
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:00
Regular
ive had a look, it says nothing. i just thought one of u mite of heard about it!
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:12
Regular
Im not sure of exact dates but i know that very soon Intel are bringing out the Penitum 4 3.33 HT chip and will be bringing out the Pentium 4 prescott by the end of the year (800mhz fsb among other cool upgrades).

c.b.
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:15
Regular
so 800 mhz fsb would get you about

2600mhz. ive got that wrong some were aint i!
Thu 27/02/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er yes. FSB speed isn't related directly to processor speed.

However if you want faster than a 3.06ghz, you can buy an XP1700 JIUHB from certain stores, which should overclock to AT LEAST 2.4ghz on standard air, 1.75vcore. Intel won't beat that for a LONG time.
Fri 28/02/03 at 00:14
Regular
turbo do you have any benchmarks of that, it still won't beat the 3.06 but it will be close and the 3.06 has the added advantage of HT if you were to use it.

c.b.
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.sine-wave.net/stuff/benchmarks/3.html

As you can see my 2.07ghz Athlon is only just beaten by the 2.8ghz P4. I'm not sure if that is one with HT, what is SMT?
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:50
Regular
Who cares?? The most important thing about that processor is the new Intel "Hyper-threading". We now need to see many, many more programs written to support different processes which cn be executed simultaneously on a single desktop PC, this could be a technology which brings games on leaps and bounds, in PCs at least, the PS2 games console already has a split processor sort of set-up.
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:52
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
Who the hell needs more than 3GHZ anyawy!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.