GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When will they release a processor faster than 3.06ghz!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/02/03 at 22:50
Regular
Its been 4 month or so now since the faster procer came out - Not over clocked mind!

Does anyone know of any news of when the next one is going to be realeased
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:22
Regular
Could be there is so much going on it's hard to keep track.

c.b.
Fri 28/02/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You may have been reading about Intels. They have to emulate x86 code so they run like treacle.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:52
Regular
do they, oh i read differant somewere, might be wrong then.

c.b.
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Athlon64s run x86 code natively, heh.
Fri 28/02/03 at 15:18
Regular
See, AMD_MAN knows what I'm talking about.

;)
Fri 28/02/03 at 11:34
Regular
Turbo SMT = simultaneous multi threading, it is basically to do with dual processors and actually there are mods to do to the athlon xp processors to enable this (the same as the L1 bridge trick)so basically making the xp chip into an MP chip and enable to use a dual cpu motherboard.

I agree that Hyper-threading is not really worth getting at the moment but intel have released the coding to enable the use of this to software manafacturers, software should start coming out and by the time it comes a bit more main stream then the price of the cpu will have gone down also they will have released a 64bit version of the cpu by then (which will probably mean another software problem).

c.b.
Fri 28/02/03 at 08:04
Regular
I've been looking around, and the fact that the Hyper-threading is implemented on a single pipleine does limit the ability somewhat, but the problems have been arising on programs written for dual processor systems where you obviously have completely seperate processor cores, and not software specifically implemented to execute different threads on a single core.
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Bonus the HT technology is only there to make up for the blatent flaws in the P4 architecture that were there to start with. Furthermore in many appplications HT actually reduces performance, and even in ones which are optimised for it the speed increase is hardly visable. Read some of the reviews on hexus/etc.
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:52
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
Who the hell needs more than 3GHZ anyawy!?
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:50
Regular
Who cares?? The most important thing about that processor is the new Intel "Hyper-threading". We now need to see many, many more programs written to support different processes which cn be executed simultaneously on a single desktop PC, this could be a technology which brings games on leaps and bounds, in PCs at least, the PS2 games console already has a split processor sort of set-up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.