GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should we stop sending Christmas cards?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/11/08 at 11:20
Regular
Apparently we need to cut down 200,000 trees to supply just the UK with all our Christmas cards and it costs us £850,000 a year.

So do you send many cards, do you get many cards, what do you do with the cards after christmas? Do you buy the cheapest ones out there or do you get the ones that donate to charity? Or maybe you make your own cards?

And is it worth stopping this Victorian tradition if it means saving 200,000 trees a year?
Fri 28/11/08 at 11:36
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Never really made that much effort to hand out Christmas cards before, but this year I think I'll be handing out quite a few.

My mum recycles the cards she and my dad receive by firstly cutting out the pictures on the card (very useful for present tags, and unique too!) and then by recycling them as usual.
Wed 26/11/08 at 20:18
Regular
"Reach for the stars"
Sunflower wrote:
> I've completed two successful years of not giving out a single
> Christmas card.

But you must do for me :D i thought you loved me :(
Wed 26/11/08 at 20:18
"possibly impossible"
*tears up Christmas card to Sunny*
Wed 26/11/08 at 20:00
Regular
"I may return"
lauraw93 wrote:
> its just somthing that has to be done.

I've completed two successful years of not giving out a single Christmas card.

So, :P
Wed 26/11/08 at 17:09
Regular
"Reach for the stars"
I recycle my cards,and no way can you stop sending christmas cards, its just somthing that has to be done. I love getting christmas cards and love handing them out. I know it sounds selfish but i would never stop giving them out because having cards around the house adds to the christmassy feeling.
Wed 26/11/08 at 12:00
"possibly impossible"
We always get cards that are either for charity or from renewable sources/recycled (or both) and we always recycle them in the boxes put out by Tesco after Christmas.

But asking people not to send cards is like asking them not to wrap their presents as all the paper from that goes straight in the bin.

Actually, I save all the good bits of wrapping paper from birthdays for pass the parcel as it's easy enough to wrap the prizes in old paper.
Wed 26/11/08 at 11:20
Regular
Apparently we need to cut down 200,000 trees to supply just the UK with all our Christmas cards and it costs us £850,000 a year.

So do you send many cards, do you get many cards, what do you do with the cards after christmas? Do you buy the cheapest ones out there or do you get the ones that donate to charity? Or maybe you make your own cards?

And is it worth stopping this Victorian tradition if it means saving 200,000 trees a year?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.