GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I wish I was a bird"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
I like birds. I want to be one. Anything. A sparrow, a hawk...anything. It's an easier life. Find food, avoid predator. Ah. I would enjoy the thrill of the chase.

We humans like to think of ourselves as intelligent and above the other members of the animal kingdom. It isn't true. Don't let anybody tell you it is. We're so superior, and yet we inflict ourselves with utterly pointless and stressful things. Ever seen an animal with cardiac problems that weren't caused by being hunted by another creature? Ever seen an animal stay up all night to do some pointless work that doesn't help it to survive or reproduce?

We could have a simple life. What do we do? Exams and work from womb to tomb. They aren't really necessary. Sure, qualifications can get you a good job and help you to afford food. But strip our life down and it seems so much simpler. Right now a caveman existence seems good to me.

And not only that, but we invent pastimes that harm us too. Smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs etc...why do we do it? Sure, it might feel good, but is it really worth it? You might think so now, chances are you'll regret it later.

But the worst part, and I don't mean to sound like an animal rights campaigner/hippie, but we give a lot of these bad things to the animals. The fumes from our factories. Their habitats we regularly destroy for anything from new housing estates for single parents to roads to hypermarkets, so people can buy knickers and doughnuts at any hour of the day. Priceless. Animals also end up addicted to our drugs (well...creosote and the like) and become victims of the society we've created.

I realise that our modern society isn't complete crap. Cures for diseases and lots of other things that I won't bore you by listing have meant that our average lifespan has greatly increased. I just think there's a lot to be said for this, so I'm saying it. (Also, I think it's pretty futile trying to keep everyone alive for as long as possible. When you cure a disease a new one comes along soon after. The population has a way of keeping itself low).

Almost every morning on my way to college I see a heron. It's a large, graceful bird. It's nice. Really nice to look at. It exudes a peaceful feeling. And it never seems to have other heron around it.

I want to be a bird. I want to be that heron.
Thu 27/02/03 at 18:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Anyway. Rantish non-planned post. Feel free to ignore. You're doing a pretty good job at the moment.
Wed 26/02/03 at 20:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Congratulations. I was wondering how long it would be before someone made that joke.
Wed 26/02/03 at 19:18
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Yeah, me too. I wouldn't leave the house.
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I like birds. I want to be one. Anything. A sparrow, a hawk...anything. It's an easier life. Find food, avoid predator. Ah. I would enjoy the thrill of the chase.

We humans like to think of ourselves as intelligent and above the other members of the animal kingdom. It isn't true. Don't let anybody tell you it is. We're so superior, and yet we inflict ourselves with utterly pointless and stressful things. Ever seen an animal with cardiac problems that weren't caused by being hunted by another creature? Ever seen an animal stay up all night to do some pointless work that doesn't help it to survive or reproduce?

We could have a simple life. What do we do? Exams and work from womb to tomb. They aren't really necessary. Sure, qualifications can get you a good job and help you to afford food. But strip our life down and it seems so much simpler. Right now a caveman existence seems good to me.

And not only that, but we invent pastimes that harm us too. Smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs etc...why do we do it? Sure, it might feel good, but is it really worth it? You might think so now, chances are you'll regret it later.

But the worst part, and I don't mean to sound like an animal rights campaigner/hippie, but we give a lot of these bad things to the animals. The fumes from our factories. Their habitats we regularly destroy for anything from new housing estates for single parents to roads to hypermarkets, so people can buy knickers and doughnuts at any hour of the day. Priceless. Animals also end up addicted to our drugs (well...creosote and the like) and become victims of the society we've created.

I realise that our modern society isn't complete crap. Cures for diseases and lots of other things that I won't bore you by listing have meant that our average lifespan has greatly increased. I just think there's a lot to be said for this, so I'm saying it. (Also, I think it's pretty futile trying to keep everyone alive for as long as possible. When you cure a disease a new one comes along soon after. The population has a way of keeping itself low).

Almost every morning on my way to college I see a heron. It's a large, graceful bird. It's nice. Really nice to look at. It exudes a peaceful feeling. And it never seems to have other heron around it.

I want to be a bird. I want to be that heron.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.