GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to come out of a recession"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/11/08 at 19:25
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
It's not politically correct for Government to say this, but I wish some of the papers would get behind it.

Most people will spend less in a recession because they do not have the confidence to run up debt, or they feel safer keeping their money in the bank.

Now imagine if a wave of patriotism came over the public, and they all decided to buy British where possible, or change their buying decisions based on the place of manufacture, ownership of companies etc. They might spend 10% less, but the effect on the UK economy would be minimal.

For example, they would not bank at Abbey because it is owned by Santander, they would switch from Lurpac butter to something produced in the UK, and they would reject American-owned ASDA and German-owned Aldi in favour of Tesco and Sainsbury's.

In keeping with my policy of doing something where I can, I for one will be buying British where possible and forgoing some of the things I might buy if I am unable to support a British company. I will also be looking closely at where we place our business as a company.

Spread the word -eh?

Buy British or at least support British companies.

Tony
Tue 25/11/08 at 01:23
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Machie wrote:
> Which means no more Amazon vouchers, only Argos. Sorry!

Ahah, rumbled!

This is what I don't like about Amazon: We buy a voucher for £30 and the VAT on this is zero (as they sell books so they can't give us a voucher with VAT in the price in case you buy a book with it). You spend it on a game for £29.99 and Amazon claim back £4.47 in VAT which goes straight into their pocket as extra profit.

> What I don't understand is why people saving money is a bad
> thing, do we really want people to go out spending and getting
> into more debt?

It's not so bad if it slides off a bit, but it is quite a big issue if, suddenly, everybody stops spending. Unemployment would soar and the economy would spiral down. Hence my neat solution, buy British for the best of both Worlds.
Mon 24/11/08 at 19:40
Regular
Which means no more Amazon vouchers, only Argos. Sorry!

What I don't understand is why people saving money is a bad thing, do we really want people to go out spending and getting into more debt? We already have 100s of new adverts on TV trying to get us hooked on online bingo.

You remember what it was like back in the 50ies. I think we should be growing our own food in allotments. Giving our kids one toy for christmas and stop spending money that we don't have.
Mon 24/11/08 at 19:25
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
It's not politically correct for Government to say this, but I wish some of the papers would get behind it.

Most people will spend less in a recession because they do not have the confidence to run up debt, or they feel safer keeping their money in the bank.

Now imagine if a wave of patriotism came over the public, and they all decided to buy British where possible, or change their buying decisions based on the place of manufacture, ownership of companies etc. They might spend 10% less, but the effect on the UK economy would be minimal.

For example, they would not bank at Abbey because it is owned by Santander, they would switch from Lurpac butter to something produced in the UK, and they would reject American-owned ASDA and German-owned Aldi in favour of Tesco and Sainsbury's.

In keeping with my policy of doing something where I can, I for one will be buying British where possible and forgoing some of the things I might buy if I am unable to support a British company. I will also be looking closely at where we place our business as a company.

Spread the word -eh?

Buy British or at least support British companies.

Tony

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.