GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Endings In Games...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/10/06 at 20:10
Regular
Well everyone that has played a game obviously wants to find out the ending. After all that playing you finally come to the end and are really dissapointed or satisfied with the endings of the games.

What has been your favourite ending in any game you've played?

What has been the most dissapointing ending in a game for you?
Thu 05/10/06 at 20:10
Regular
Well everyone that has played a game obviously wants to find out the ending. After all that playing you finally come to the end and are really dissapointed or satisfied with the endings of the games.

What has been your favourite ending in any game you've played?

What has been the most dissapointing ending in a game for you?
Thu 05/10/06 at 22:16
Regular
"Mooching around"
Oh I have many... But just off the top of my head:

God of War - The ending felt rushed for the huge feat it required

and

Final Fantasy 10 - Still my favourite game ending - one of the most emotional to, in my opinion.
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:25
"possibly impossible"
Any game that ends in the end credits screen without some sort of final animation/CGI etc.

Though Super Monkey Ball is the exception as the game on the end credit screen is great...
Fri 06/10/06 at 14:25
Regular
"lets go back"
I liked the Tekken games end sequences. There is no proper story but it was fun to unlock them all.

Also Tony Hawks games have good endings becaue you get to watch a skate video.

If its a story driven game then I like to have a proper end sequence otherwise you just feel cheated
Sat 07/10/06 at 12:30
Regular
Now that i've thought about it one of my favourite endings in a game would probably be Metal Gear Solid. The end was bit was my favourite of the game and it answered alot of questions while still keeping the game open for another in the series.

Worst would probably have to be Pandemonium, or Final Fantasy 7,8. After playing the game for that long it was really dissapointing to have no twists at the end, really dissapointing. Great to play through although seeing Aeris revive or seeing Sephiroth being brought back would have made it alot more interesting.

I think the twists at the end is what makes a game good because you want to know what happens next, just a thought i suppose.
Sat 07/10/06 at 22:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm a big beat em up fan and spent hours trying to complete all the versions of Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 1, 2 + 3 and Killer Instinct 1 + 2 to see all the character endings.

Not managed it to date yet!
Sun 08/10/06 at 01:41
Regular
Yeah!! Street Fighter forgot all about that, very good way to end a game, each with a diffrent story. Loved the fact that each one was diffrent. Puts you in the mood to do all that again.
Sun 08/10/06 at 20:33
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
One of my favourites was Kingdom Hearts, and I would have loved a twist at the end of FF8.

Lets see, bad ending.....for some reason I can't think at the moment, but a fairly minor one that comes to mind is Kessen 2. It sucked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.