GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution released 16th June?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/08/05 at 14:34
Regular
According to Amazon France anyway.
Tue 23/08/05 at 10:42
Regular
"8==="
munn wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> Nah you pay whatever the price was when you ordered, unless it goes
> down, in which case you pay the lower price.
>
> Nope.
> They'll just refuse to sell it to you.
> Remember that retailers have a right to refuse purchase.

Doesn't always work like that.

A japanese company had to make a large loss on it's cameras after advertising them at the wrong price: it went to court (I think) and those who had ordered the cameras at the lower price received them for that sum (I know).
Mon 22/08/05 at 19:11
Regular
Depends on the point at which a legal contract is deemed to have been made.

It's likely to be set out like this:
The advertising of the products will be an 'invitation to treat' (not much legal significance)
You place the order, a legal 'offer'
At some point after that, amazon do something to constitue an 'acceptance'. Probably by confirming the order. Legal contract is made.

When exactly that last one happens though is dependent on a bunch of law I couldn't tell you about, and the company's terms and conditions.

Or they might have some clause preventing the pre-order being a contract at all.

On the other hand, there are plenty of regualtions about false advertising etc, which might complicate things further.

So in short, I don't know :^)
Mon 22/08/05 at 18:58
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Nah you pay whatever the price was when you ordered, unless it goes
> down, in which case you pay the lower price.

Nope.
They'll just refuse to sell it to you.
Remember that retailers have a right to refuse purchase.
Mon 22/08/05 at 17:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Animal Crossing did some damage too. Because everyone who wanted it got so tired of waiting and imported it, the EU sales figures were poor. If Nintendo hadn't waited so long it would have been a smash hit, but now they're reluctant to release games like that over here.
Mon 22/08/05 at 17:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Giftpia is one of those games that the failure of Doshin helped
> prevent.

Doshin should never have been released here in my opinion. Credit to Ninty for taking a chance, but that chance should have been given to Animal Crossing instead like it was in the US. Interest is much higher in AC than Doshin.
Mon 22/08/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Mozzy"
Then that's pretty good then? $299 for a PS3 which will probably cost much more when released.

But nobody knows much about the console so it'd be best to wait.
Mon 22/08/05 at 17:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nah you pay whatever the price was when you ordered, unless it goes down, in which case you pay the lower price.
Mon 22/08/05 at 17:09
Regular
"Mozzy"
gerrid wrote:
> I 100% doubt this. Amazon also put up the price of the PS3 at $299,
> the same day as it updated the 360 price.

So you can pre-order the PS3 for $299, but if the price changed to a more likely $399 will you have to pay more or still pay just $299?
Mon 22/08/05 at 16:26
Regular
Giftpia is one of those games that the failure of Doshin helped prevent.
Mon 22/08/05 at 16:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Really wanted that game as well :S

Still have a trailer for it somewhere on my PC. Looked like Animal Crossing but better..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.