GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RI:SE - Better?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/02/03 at 08:18
Regular
It's still no Big Breakfast, but I feel the new-look RI:SE is a hell of a lot better than before, and now I have something I can watch in the morning. I'm starting to enjoy it. They have a lot of good segments now. Textecution always makes me chuckle, but I reckon it still needs a bit of work. They can't use the same joke where Iain Lee chucks the loser out of the building forever and the interviews with singers that were all still half asleep = LMFAO. Channel 4's logic is so mucked up. The show is way better now but it'll never be as good as the Big Breakfast was, even at the end. I hate Edith Bowman - she says that every single film/series she sees is "absolutely brilliant" in her horrible northern accent. They need to get rid of her, call it The Big Breakfast again, get Iain Lee (who is excellent) to stay and get some fit bird who has a little charisma (I think Kirsty Gallagher was perfect from the old RI:SE) and team him up with her. As long as it's still called RI:SE, it will always be seen as shate. Ooh, look what I found on the net:

Channel 4 breakfast show RI:SE is searching for a new presenter after Edith Bowman quit.

The former MTV host was the only remaining presenter of the team that launched the show less than a year ago.

She will leave by "mutual consent" when her contract ends next month, according to Channel 4 bosses.

The news has cast doubt on the future of RI:SE, which has averaged 200,000 viewers since its relaunch in January.

But Channel 4 insists it will honour the show's two-year contract, with an advertising campaign beginning next week.

A spokeswoman told Media Guardian: "The channel looks forward to working with Edith in the future. Iain Lee will continue to present the show and a replacement for Edith will be appointed."

Thoughts?
Wed 26/02/03 at 08:18
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
It's still no Big Breakfast, but I feel the new-look RI:SE is a hell of a lot better than before, and now I have something I can watch in the morning. I'm starting to enjoy it. They have a lot of good segments now. Textecution always makes me chuckle, but I reckon it still needs a bit of work. They can't use the same joke where Iain Lee chucks the loser out of the building forever and the interviews with singers that were all still half asleep = LMFAO. Channel 4's logic is so mucked up. The show is way better now but it'll never be as good as the Big Breakfast was, even at the end. I hate Edith Bowman - she says that every single film/series she sees is "absolutely brilliant" in her horrible northern accent. They need to get rid of her, call it The Big Breakfast again, get Iain Lee (who is excellent) to stay and get some fit bird who has a little charisma (I think Kirsty Gallagher was perfect from the old RI:SE) and team him up with her. As long as it's still called RI:SE, it will always be seen as shate. Ooh, look what I found on the net:

Channel 4 breakfast show RI:SE is searching for a new presenter after Edith Bowman quit.

The former MTV host was the only remaining presenter of the team that launched the show less than a year ago.

She will leave by "mutual consent" when her contract ends next month, according to Channel 4 bosses.

The news has cast doubt on the future of RI:SE, which has averaged 200,000 viewers since its relaunch in January.

But Channel 4 insists it will honour the show's two-year contract, with an advertising campaign beginning next week.

A spokeswoman told Media Guardian: "The channel looks forward to working with Edith in the future. Iain Lee will continue to present the show and a replacement for Edith will be appointed."

Thoughts?
Wed 26/02/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It's better, yes, but two presenters isn't enough!
Wed 26/02/03 at 13:25
Regular
just why they got rid of the BB I don't know. I thought it was best when I could wake up to the lovely Denise Van Outen and Johnny Vaughn. It was funny as hell, informative, and worth getting up for.

That new RI:SE is garbage, out and out rubbish. Edith Bowman is incredibly annoying, and that other guy whoever he is couldn't pull off a presenting job if his life depended on it
Wed 26/02/03 at 16:39
Regular
"relocated"
I hate Iain Lee. He's a coke addled fool. Mel and Sue, I like.
Thu 27/02/03 at 07:22
Regular
<- Lazarou -> wrote:
> just why they got rid of the BB I don't know. I thought it was best
> when I could wake up to the lovely Denise Van Outen and Johnny Vaughn.
> It was funny as hell, informative, and worth getting up for.

I think that it was because their contract ran out with C4 or something and they wanted to try something new. But why dump a tried and tested formula!?
>
> That new RI:SE is garbage, out and out rubbish. Edith Bowman is
> incredibly annoying, and that other guy whoever he is couldn't pull
> off a presenting job if his life depended on it

Iain Lee rocks. Though Edith Bowman (the most annoying Northerner on the planet and that says something right there :D) isn't worth a sack of shate. Thank god she quit :)
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:25
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I like iain lee and i dont really mind edith, but nothing but beartraps are suitable for mel and sue. They arent funny at all.
Thu 27/02/03 at 17:23
Regular
Beartraps? Explain. Are you calling them bears?

If so, I agree :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.