GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who Thinks that The Getaway should be made into a movie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 18:00
Regular
Who Thinks that The Getaway should be made into a movie.If they did make it into a movie would you go and watch it.
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:31
Regular
That would be a great film.

2hrs watching a guy walk round London looking like he's shat himself, talking in a mockney accent and swearing at people.

Genius.
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
There's already been two superb Getaway films and that's enough.

Credit to IMDB:

The Getaway (1972)
"Doc McCoy (Steve McQueen) has been granted parole. The catch is that Sheriff Beynon expects a small favour from McCoy for his generocity: robbing another bank! Beynon does not really intend to let McCoy walk away after the heist and neither does co-robber Rudy Butler, but stopping Doc proves a trifle difficult."

The Getaway (1994)
"Doc McCoy (Alec Baldwin) is put in prison because his partners chickened out and flew off without him after exchanging a prisoner with a lot of money. Doc knows Jack Benyon, a rich "business"-man, is up to something big, so he tells his wife Carol McCoy (Kim Basinger) to tell him that he's for sale if Benyon can get him out of prison. Benyon pulls some strings and Doc McCoy is released again. Unfortunately he has to cooperate with the same person that got him to prison."

I've seen the 1994 version and it's a great film. Haven't seen the 1972 version.

So in conclusion, we need no more Getaway films, whether they're based on the game or not. There's been another Getaway film in 1916 and two other TV series'.

I originally thought that the game was going to be based on the film, but there you go :D
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
It's not a bad idea, only it might appear too similar to 'Snatch' and Lock Stock.
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't because it would be rubbish.
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:00
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Who Thinks that The Getaway should be made into a movie.If they did make it into a movie would you go and watch it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.