GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drunken Gibberish"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 11:28
Regular
I was playing CM 01/02 and International Cricket Captain 2001. I've just seen Michael Owen earns about £25k a week: That's what Alec Stewart (Surrey Lions and England) earns in A YEAR. the only millionaire cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar, and he gets it from advertising etc. I found that generally Premiership footballers earn more than Cricketers (and Rugby players come to that)- Keane (Man Utd) £60k/week and Graeme Hick (Woucstershire Royals) £60k/ year. In Britain there is a huge gap, but in America it's $200k a week for some poncey Baseball players who eat hotdogs all day. If you ask me, not ALL SPORTS, as some old people say, revolve around money: Bar football and international cricket/rugby, MONEY is irrelevant.
Tue 25/02/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I was playing CM 01/02 and International Cricket Captain 2001. I've just seen Michael Owen earns about £25k a week: That's what Alec Stewart (Surrey Lions and England) earns in A YEAR. the only millionaire cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar, and he gets it from advertising etc. I found that generally Premiership footballers earn more than Cricketers (and Rugby players come to that)- Keane (Man Utd) £60k/week and Graeme Hick (Woucstershire Royals) £60k/ year. In Britain there is a huge gap, but in America it's $200k a week for some poncey Baseball players who eat hotdogs all day. If you ask me, not ALL SPORTS, as some old people say, revolve around money: Bar football and international cricket/rugby, MONEY is irrelevant.
Tue 25/02/03 at 11:42
"Darkness, always"
Put it this way:

Football is a physically intensive game, pro careers last an average of maybe 12 years, at the end of which, job opportunities are few and far between for otherwise unskilled workers. Further, the fans pay the wages of the players, which speaks volumes as to what the true fans think of wage costs.

The only thing intensive about cricket is the sheer boredom it can impose. In fact, it could possibly be used as a barbaric therapy to cure mental illnesses. Expose some mentalist to a few full cricket games, see what happens. What would make a sane man mad will make a mad man sane and all that.

Cricket is gay. The fans know this, which is why there is more support and hence more money in football than there ever will be in cricket.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
der nazi wrote:
In Britain there is a huge gap, but in America it's $200k a week
> for some poncey Baseball players who eat hotdogs all day.

I didn't realise you were such a big fan of baseball to now whether that's true or not. Please stick to facts and not assumptions it ruins the overall message of your post.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:11
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Cricket is gay. The fans know this, which is why there is more support
> and hence more money in football than there ever will be in cricket.

I thought Gay people played Rugby and Badminton.
Tue 25/02/03 at 16:24
"Darth Vader 3442321"
der nazi wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> Cricket is gay. The fans know this, which is why there is more
> support
> and hence more money in football than there ever will be in cricket.
>
> I thought Gay people played Rugby and Badminton.

Yup Badminton or as it is also called shuttlecock.
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Boxing could earn you way more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.