GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You Told Me That Nobody Loved You"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 23:01
Regular
You stood before me, staring sadly into space. You told me that no one loved you, totally unaware of my infatuation with you. And in same ways this made me angry…after all, you’re always loved, even if you don’t know it. And why should you be sad? Why should you be taking all this out on me? Damn hypocrite. You’re the one who took my heart and ripped it into shreds…I don’t say what I said to you to many people…people say it you all the time. Did you ever think that maybe it was your fault that they kept leaving you?

No…of course not. There’s always someone else after that, right? But not me. Always someone better. And despite those heavenly months during which you did love me, you still wanted somebody new. And despite how close we had become, you would rather exchange shy greetings with somebody new. Why? Maybe they were ‘cooler’, or ‘better-looking.’ And if it were one of those, then you are either blinded by your own stupidity or just downright selfish.

But I still love you…and I’m not too sure why. Maybe it’s my undying aim to rid you of those parts of you, that I know can be, and should be changed. Or maybe it’s just that smile.

You told me that no one loved you…and my heart willed for me to tell you. To let it all out – to pour myself out to you, in the hope that you would succeed where you once failed, and return the favour. But I’m smart…not in a knowledgeable or intellectual way maybe, but my head knew what was going on. My head knew the pain you had once caused me, and my head overpowered my heart.

And that’s usually what happens. To be honest though, it’s no surprise. The one time I let my heart take control…well, you know. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve already forgotten, because you always speak with your heart before your head. And for you, it works. You have that special quality, that special something…or maybe it’s just pure luck. The way you were born.

If you only knew the pain I’d gone through. They say ignorance is bliss, and I guess they’re right, because you seem to get on okay. You can’t seem to see how lucky you are…no one loves you? What a load of toss. People always love you…okay, so maybe they don’t, but at least you think they are. Try being me for once, and then you’ll know what it’s like to be lonely.

I don’t know whether to thank my head, or whether to smash it in with a mallet. Because in some ways it was right…but when I look back, it was also wrong. Because just a few days later, you casually informed me that there was someone new in your life. What a surprise. Note the word ‘casually,’ because what really annoys me is how normal this seems to you.

And then I pity you. Love is something special, but you abuse it. What you and this new someone have isn’t love. It’s a stupid little crush, that might cause you pain in the end. But no doubt you’ll bounce back with another fool, either to carry your bags round or to make you look cool. Or, just maybe…maybe it’s so that you feel loved. After all, you can’t go a month or so without having someone to ‘love’. Are you really that insecure?

You are a constant source of confusion to me. You cause me to feel sad, to feel lonely and to feel angry. And sometimes I wish I were more like you. But if you are as insecure as I suspect, then I fear for you. I pity you. Because when the real world hits you, it’s gonna hit you hard. But maybe I’m wrong.

D’you see? So many maybes. I don’t whether to feel sad and to keep chasing you just in case, or whether to pity you and just wait patiently for that moment when you finally realise that you are in fact, alone.

So who’s better off, you or me? It may seem to be you, and at the moment it probably is. And it might continue like that into the rest of your life, but I wouldn’t be totally sure. But how can I come out on top? More confusion. Despite your faults you’re still the person who brightens my day…so maybe if we do end up spending the rest of our lives together…then we’ll both be better off.

You told me that no one loved you, and I comforted you with a friendly arm and said that everything would be okay. And maybe it will be.

Put this in Life Forum and it got one reply. I usually put my stuff in here anyway, but hopefully it'll get a couple of reads. {:) This is kinda special to me at the moment because I haven't been able to write anything like this for a while, and I wrote this back at Christmas. Out of all the stuff I've written this is one of my favourite bits because it all came pouring out...hopefully you'll like it too, although my mind might be a bit too confusing and crazy for you. Make of it what you will. {:)

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 27/02/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Did I like it? Honestly don't know and yes your mind is a bit too confusing and crazy for me.
Tue 25/02/03 at 07:49
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Don't worry Ant, I still love you.
Mon 24/02/03 at 23:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
You stood before me, staring sadly into space. You told me that no one loved you, totally unaware of my infatuation with you. And in same ways this made me angry…after all, you’re always loved, even if you don’t know it. And why should you be sad? Why should you be taking all this out on me? Damn hypocrite. You’re the one who took my heart and ripped it into shreds…I don’t say what I said to you to many people…people say it you all the time. Did you ever think that maybe it was your fault that they kept leaving you?

No…of course not. There’s always someone else after that, right? But not me. Always someone better. And despite those heavenly months during which you did love me, you still wanted somebody new. And despite how close we had become, you would rather exchange shy greetings with somebody new. Why? Maybe they were ‘cooler’, or ‘better-looking.’ And if it were one of those, then you are either blinded by your own stupidity or just downright selfish.

But I still love you…and I’m not too sure why. Maybe it’s my undying aim to rid you of those parts of you, that I know can be, and should be changed. Or maybe it’s just that smile.

You told me that no one loved you…and my heart willed for me to tell you. To let it all out – to pour myself out to you, in the hope that you would succeed where you once failed, and return the favour. But I’m smart…not in a knowledgeable or intellectual way maybe, but my head knew what was going on. My head knew the pain you had once caused me, and my head overpowered my heart.

And that’s usually what happens. To be honest though, it’s no surprise. The one time I let my heart take control…well, you know. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve already forgotten, because you always speak with your heart before your head. And for you, it works. You have that special quality, that special something…or maybe it’s just pure luck. The way you were born.

If you only knew the pain I’d gone through. They say ignorance is bliss, and I guess they’re right, because you seem to get on okay. You can’t seem to see how lucky you are…no one loves you? What a load of toss. People always love you…okay, so maybe they don’t, but at least you think they are. Try being me for once, and then you’ll know what it’s like to be lonely.

I don’t know whether to thank my head, or whether to smash it in with a mallet. Because in some ways it was right…but when I look back, it was also wrong. Because just a few days later, you casually informed me that there was someone new in your life. What a surprise. Note the word ‘casually,’ because what really annoys me is how normal this seems to you.

And then I pity you. Love is something special, but you abuse it. What you and this new someone have isn’t love. It’s a stupid little crush, that might cause you pain in the end. But no doubt you’ll bounce back with another fool, either to carry your bags round or to make you look cool. Or, just maybe…maybe it’s so that you feel loved. After all, you can’t go a month or so without having someone to ‘love’. Are you really that insecure?

You are a constant source of confusion to me. You cause me to feel sad, to feel lonely and to feel angry. And sometimes I wish I were more like you. But if you are as insecure as I suspect, then I fear for you. I pity you. Because when the real world hits you, it’s gonna hit you hard. But maybe I’m wrong.

D’you see? So many maybes. I don’t whether to feel sad and to keep chasing you just in case, or whether to pity you and just wait patiently for that moment when you finally realise that you are in fact, alone.

So who’s better off, you or me? It may seem to be you, and at the moment it probably is. And it might continue like that into the rest of your life, but I wouldn’t be totally sure. But how can I come out on top? More confusion. Despite your faults you’re still the person who brightens my day…so maybe if we do end up spending the rest of our lives together…then we’ll both be better off.

You told me that no one loved you, and I comforted you with a friendly arm and said that everything would be okay. And maybe it will be.

Put this in Life Forum and it got one reply. I usually put my stuff in here anyway, but hopefully it'll get a couple of reads. {:) This is kinda special to me at the moment because I haven't been able to write anything like this for a while, and I wrote this back at Christmas. Out of all the stuff I've written this is one of my favourite bits because it all came pouring out...hopefully you'll like it too, although my mind might be a bit too confusing and crazy for you. Make of it what you will. {:)

Thanks for reading, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.