GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uploading files for download on Geocities"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 17:35
Regular
Hello again. I have a file saved on my PC that was recorded from my MiniDisc. It is a .wav file and I put it up on my Geocities website for download. Now, two people have downloaded it. The file is approximately 15mins long and one person got it, but it went silent after about 5 mins. Another person got it and it cut out a few seconds before the end (the small bit that got cut off was pretty inconsequential, but I am worried that this means the cutting off for the forst person was not a one off incident).

Anyway. I was wondering if this could just be Geocities...? And if it might help to put the .wav file into Winzip and upload the winzip file for others to download...? Any suggestions on how to ensure the file downloads properly are welcome.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:52
Regular
try some of the software downloadable here

http://download.com.com/3150-2140-0.html?tag=dir

c.b.
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I dunno how to convert it to MP3...

If I just change the filename extension to .mp3 it stays as a .wav file... so how do I convert it...?
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:06
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Perhaps try converting it to MP3 first.

Are you going over geocities' bandwith limits or summat?
Mon 24/02/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
So howcome you havn't converted it to mp3?
Mon 24/02/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Nah, it's not the lack of webspace. Although the file is quite long it's low quality (recorded in mono not stereo) so it's only about 2.5MB and Geocities allow a max of 15MB storage space a a maximum upload size of 5MB so I'm well within the limits.

I thought it might just be geocities playing up somehow, but I've put MP3s up before that downloaded fine...
Mon 24/02/03 at 18:05
Regular
i think its just geocites, the free webspace you get with it dosnt really give you the ability to upload big files with it. after all its all free.
Mon 24/02/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hello again. I have a file saved on my PC that was recorded from my MiniDisc. It is a .wav file and I put it up on my Geocities website for download. Now, two people have downloaded it. The file is approximately 15mins long and one person got it, but it went silent after about 5 mins. Another person got it and it cut out a few seconds before the end (the small bit that got cut off was pretty inconsequential, but I am worried that this means the cutting off for the forst person was not a one off incident).

Anyway. I was wondering if this could just be Geocities...? And if it might help to put the .wav file into Winzip and upload the winzip file for others to download...? Any suggestions on how to ensure the file downloads properly are welcome.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.