GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone see The Parole Officer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/02/03 at 12:35
Regular
Don't know about you, but I watched The Parole Officer on Sky Movies Premier, Saturday night, and found it to be something a lot better than I'd expected it to be, with it being Britsh, and all.

When I first heard about this, saw Steve Coogan was in it, and that it wasn't some American thing where Steven Séagal makes things blow-up, I was expecting this to be yet another 'Bend it like Beckham', 'Jimmy Grimble', or something cack and British like that.
But instead, I enjoyed it. And I even laughed at this film a fair-few times, too!

From the scenes in the museum; with that "fertility-luck statue" thing (twice!), and even the bit where he hides in the ladies' toilets, pretending he's got the runs... There was a lot in that film that made me laugh!

I'd much rather watch this film all-over-again than go see something American that clearly tries-to-be an existing hit (like Signs, for example). And of course, there was that receptionist at the very beginning (who you may recognise as Kelly from Dream Team)... She really grabbed my attention!! :D

If you haven't seen it, watch it.
If you have... what did you think?
Sat 01/03/03 at 23:15
Regular
"thursdayton!"
That would explain it. I was trying to think what else "whatsherchops" was in. Something like the Queens Nose or something...
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
Thi wrote:
> It was funny. But the "lady" was about 12. you sicko.

I believe he means Jenny Agutter, who played Emma the policewoman, not whatsherchops who played Kirsty.
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
had it on video for a while, makes me laugh every single time I watch it. It is truly a fantastic and incredibly humourous film.
Sat 01/03/03 at 11:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The sagacious one wrote:
> It was funny and the young lady in it was ravashing. Grrrr.

It was funny. But the "lady" was about 12. you sicko.
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I got in on DVD several years ago being a Steve Coogan fan. Quite funny, not quite a classic but it's up there in the slightly above average film category.
Fri 28/02/03 at 11:04
"Darth Vader 3442321"
It was funny and the young lady in it was ravashing. Grrrr.
Mon 24/02/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Exactly! Still making it much-better than all the usual British terd we get!
Mon 24/02/03 at 13:22
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yeah I've seen it but like most films that stars a TV personality using a familiar type of character it starts off good, trails off in the middle with mild highlights then picks up a little at the end.
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:37
"Darkness, always"
I sorta watched it once, but i was drunk and tired, so it didn't come across as particularly entertaining. I've been saying for ages I should watch it again to do it justice, but have never got round to doing so.

*shrugs*
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Don't know about you, but I watched The Parole Officer on Sky Movies Premier, Saturday night, and found it to be something a lot better than I'd expected it to be, with it being Britsh, and all.

When I first heard about this, saw Steve Coogan was in it, and that it wasn't some American thing where Steven Séagal makes things blow-up, I was expecting this to be yet another 'Bend it like Beckham', 'Jimmy Grimble', or something cack and British like that.
But instead, I enjoyed it. And I even laughed at this film a fair-few times, too!

From the scenes in the museum; with that "fertility-luck statue" thing (twice!), and even the bit where he hides in the ladies' toilets, pretending he's got the runs... There was a lot in that film that made me laugh!

I'd much rather watch this film all-over-again than go see something American that clearly tries-to-be an existing hit (like Signs, for example). And of course, there was that receptionist at the very beginning (who you may recognise as Kelly from Dream Team)... She really grabbed my attention!! :D

If you haven't seen it, watch it.
If you have... what did you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.