GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I check for Spyware? And how do I stop it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/02/03 at 14:24
Regular
Hi,

I installed and just recently uninstalled a ping booster program and ever sinse I've been getting ultra lag where games are concerned. I'm coming to the point where I mite have to reformat and I don't really want to that. If Spyware is to blame then I would I thought that it would have been uninstalled with the ping booster prog?
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:24
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I installed and just recently uninstalled a ping booster program and ever sinse I've been getting ultra lag where games are concerned. I'm coming to the point where I mite have to reformat and I don't really want to that. If Spyware is to blame then I would I thought that it would have been uninstalled with the ping booster prog?
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:26
Regular
"where's my tag?"
WickedWare wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed and just recently uninstalled a ping booster program and
> ever sinse I've been getting ultra lag where games are concerned. I'm
> coming to the point where I mite have to reformat and I don't really
> want to do that. If Spyware is to blame then I would have thought that it
> would have been uninstalled with the ping booster prog?
Sun 23/02/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Doubt it is spyware, but try www.lavasoftusa.com for ad-aware. Which removes spyware
Sun 23/02/03 at 23:24
Regular
im getting a load of crap advertisments aswell! it slows my pc down and slows my internet down too.
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:32
"Lemon eyewash"
try ad-aware.com think that's right if not type ad aware into google and you'll get something, it should have a prog which searches your comp and removes spyware.
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:36
"www.Freeola.info"
If you are running Kazaa for example, that is know to put a load of spyware on your PC, so avoid that.

Use Kazaa Lite - it's much better with no spyware and a lot more features.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.