GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh FFS..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/10/06 at 18:22
Regular
The last 5 items on the news:

- White kid killed in racially motivated murder.
- 1 in 19 workers in Britain comes from outside the UK.
- Doctor speaks out about how muslim women should take their headwear off to fit in with society
- Police defend decision to allow a muslim woman not to guard the Israeli embassy.
- Underground religious radicals in universities.

Seriously, can they not find a single news headline that isn't based on racial fear, paranoia or hate? It's like the Daily Mail took over Radio 4.
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:28
"possibly impossible"
Kawada wrote:
> He's actually a born-again Christian so that should tell you all
> you need to know

More like a born-yesterday one... :D
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
He's actually a born-again Christian so that should tell you all you need to know
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:24
Regular
It just saddens me that the most powerful person in the world, certainly on the surface anyway, appears to be as thick as two short planks.
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:22
"possibly impossible"
Well, yes. He's using religion because he knows it stirs some of the deepest feelings in the people he wants on his side. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't religious at all in his private life, but deliberately appears that way to get the backing he needs.

His true motives, I believe, are greed and power.
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:21
Regular
Yeah probably ... I certainly believe George Dubya's policies on blowing up most of the countries in the middle east, is religious based. Seems to me more and more we're heading for another crusades ...
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:18
"possibly impossible"
True, I would agree with that. But I also believe (hah!) that this is a form of manipulated religion for political or other selfish reasons.

So perhaps it's really politics that is the main cause of war, using religion as a tool?
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:05
Regular
pb wrote:

> And the comments about the afterlife are just personal opinion.
> I respect your opinion that nothing happens after death, but as
> both sides of this arguement have no way of physically proving
> or disproving the theory, it remains a matter of belief, and no
> religion is still a belief in it's own right.

Aye well I don't have a problem with people believing in the afterlife ... I'm still undecided myself ... it's when they strap bombs to themselves in order to get there quicker that things get out of hand.

You're right though, religion is just one of many excuses for war, but it's probably the leading one.
Fri 06/10/06 at 13:02
"possibly impossible"
Hitler's religious belief was Christianity. His belief which led him to the decision to eradicate the non-Aryan races came in part from Social Darwinism and ideological politics as well as from his Christian background.

However, he was an intelligent man and his interpretation of the Bible was for self-confessed power of propaganda.

In fact, you are correct in the respect that the Christian teaching in Germany at the time had a great deal to do with the Anti-Jewish feeling, but this is more to do with the teachings of the priests than the religion itself.

The point I'm making is that Religion is just an 'excuse' that could be replaced with any number of other 'excuses' for war or violence (eg Politics). Don't you think that most normal Christian hold their heads in their hands when George Bush speaks about his Christian attitudes (which is actually not too dis-similar to the attitudes of Christian Germany pre-WWII).

And the comments about the afterlife are just personal opinion. I respect your opinion that nothing happens after death, but as both sides of this arguement have no way of physically proving or disproving the theory, it remains a matter of belief, and no religion is still a belief in it's own right.
Fri 06/10/06 at 12:57
Regular
"..."
...which is one of the reasons I chose to renounce religion years ago.
Fri 06/10/06 at 12:46
Regular
Aye but I think the leading reason we have wars in the first place, is because of peoples core religious beliefs ... the second world war wouldn't have took place if Hitler hadn't decided to wage war on the Jewish population of the world ... the atomic bomb came about because of the need to beat hitler ... etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.