GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Warning : Be Very Wary Of Using CD-Wow For Xmas Presents."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/11/08 at 23:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
They used to be really good,then they went rubbish before getting bought out and I thought all was well with them again but sadly it appears it is not.I ordered a DVD in October which arrived about a week and half later.Price was good,item was new and sealed but it was not the one I ordered.I used their 'We have sent you the wrong item' form on the website but never got a response.Emailed customer support who sent me a returns authorisation (for a UK address).Sent the incorrect item back the same day but heard nothing.Emailed them today only to be told it can take up to three weeks for them to sort this out after they receive the item back.They will not give me a refund so I can't buy the item elsewhere.They will only give me an E-credit to use to re-order it.So an item I ordered in October may not actually get to me until early 2009 !.Just thought I would mention this as I would not recommend using them for any items you need in time for Christmas.Personally I would use the likes of Play,HMV,Amazon etc. as I am going to do.
Wed 19/11/08 at 12:46
Regular
"I like turtles"
Might well do that as I'm well hacked with them to be honest.I have scanned and emailed the Certificate Of Posting to prove I have sent the item back as requested but I have been told to allow 30 days for the item to arrive and for them to carry out the admin required in sending my credit.Seriously unimpressed as its hardly my fault they put the wrong DVD in the jiffy bag.Would strongly recommend staying well clear of them at the moment,they are a total shower.
Wed 19/11/08 at 10:54
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it the Distance Selling Regulations me that if you send an item back within working7 days of receiving it you are entitled to a full refund as long as the item is in the same condition as when you received it (DVD's, games, software etc should still be sealed). See here. I would take that up with CD WOW if I were you.
Wed 19/11/08 at 10:18
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I think my brother got a couple of games from CD-Wow that were damaged and he managed to get them replaced (and a couple of vouchers to spend on his next purchase) without any hassle. Though personally I like to stick to Play and Amazon: I just feel more comfortable with them as I've never had any problems dealing with them.
Wed 19/11/08 at 08:47
Regular
"eat toast!"
whilst i see cd wow has some the cheapest prices for games, it makes me wonder what they're really like. Is it the real thing or are they sub standard imports or poorly packaged goods?
Wed 19/11/08 at 04:09
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've not really heard much from them, but customer support is one of the key selling points for online shops for me, and I'm sure others, so thanks for the heads up here.
Tue 18/11/08 at 23:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
They used to be really good,then they went rubbish before getting bought out and I thought all was well with them again but sadly it appears it is not.I ordered a DVD in October which arrived about a week and half later.Price was good,item was new and sealed but it was not the one I ordered.I used their 'We have sent you the wrong item' form on the website but never got a response.Emailed customer support who sent me a returns authorisation (for a UK address).Sent the incorrect item back the same day but heard nothing.Emailed them today only to be told it can take up to three weeks for them to sort this out after they receive the item back.They will not give me a refund so I can't buy the item elsewhere.They will only give me an E-credit to use to re-order it.So an item I ordered in October may not actually get to me until early 2009 !.Just thought I would mention this as I would not recommend using them for any items you need in time for Christmas.Personally I would use the likes of Play,HMV,Amazon etc. as I am going to do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.