GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*tumbleweed*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/11/08 at 13:51
Regular
It's awfully quiet for a weekday. Things have really changed here since they got rid of the 4 GADs :( even the number of reviews and walkthroughs has dropped dramatically. People aren't copying and pasting like they use to. (stares @ Garin)

Maybe we should do what Grix suggested and get rid of the WLT and stop you all chatting about everything and anything in one single thread. It's not even our WLT anymore, it's a fake! It only lists posts as far back as 2006. The thread is a lie just like that cake I was promised.

Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active again?
Wed 19/11/08 at 15:54
"possibly impossible"
You know I read them and comment, GP.
Wed 19/11/08 at 15:51
Regular
You know that's not true :P Now you'll have our complete attention with the forums being merged.
Wed 19/11/08 at 15:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Machie wrote:
I want GP not to be afraid to post more threads about sports

No one wants to read my sports ramblings. :)
Wed 19/11/08 at 15:06
Regular
pb wrote:
> It's busier, yes, but only with the same members posting similar
> stuff all the time.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll pass then :-)
Wed 19/11/08 at 14:34
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Speaking for myself, I dont post because the site is awful,
> difficult to use and to look at.

What about GAD and winning free money for cheats and walkthroughs?
Wed 19/11/08 at 14:28
"possibly impossible"
I'm quite happy with the way it looks. I come here, click a few times to get to a topic and then I can post.

I've seen (and still see) worse laid out forums that still get lots of traffic, so I don't think that will detract people. It's just being able to get a lot of people who are interested in similar things all talking to each other.
Wed 19/11/08 at 14:07
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Speaking for myself, I dont post because the site is awful, difficult to use and to look at.
Wed 19/11/08 at 13:42
"possibly impossible"
YH wrote:
> ''Tis definitely quieter here than a while back. I've almost been
> tempted to have a look at PM again. I assume it's still going
> & busy?

It's busier, yes, but only with the same members posting similar stuff all the time. I guess that's what used to happen here though.
Wed 19/11/08 at 12:35
Regular
pb wrote:
> I'm sure people will find it soon enough.

Yeeah. The problem is that even if they do find it, there really isn't anything entertaining here to bother sticking around, after one snags a GAD, that is.

What initially drew me to this place was how humourous and fun it was.. even if I was mostly getting bashed by the likes of Light etal.. *PTSD flashbacks* it was still a great place to just come for fluff and chatter. AND, even though I couldn't win a GAD, I was still interested in posting.. if just to throw in an opposing opinion to spur the intellects.. like now. :) It's all from the heart baby.

Nowadays, it seems so bland and bleek and stark.. even with the bubbles and butterflies. And, ever since the colourful main member base were rudely emancipated a couple of years ago, Freeola has spiraled to a dim ember of memories that once were. The site has become primarily occupied by random members that just come to post something lengthy and incomprehensible whenever they want a GAD. Low and behold, it works every time.. It's pathetic.

Anyways, I think it's unrealistic to believe one can attempt to fix something that really wasn't broke to begin with and expect that it'll eventually have the same or better. I'm not so sure about the other facets of the site, but the forums, for sure, will never be the same. Indeed, Freeola Chat is what happens when ya try reinventing the wheel. I wish I could say that with positive sentiments.

Perhaps if the forums were global? I mean, it is on the international internet and all.. I dunno.. but, if GAD were even an option for me.. I'd definitely holla about Freeola to my friends. :)
Wed 19/11/08 at 10:48
Regular
''Tis definitely quieter here than a while back. I've almost been tempted to have a look at PM again. I assume it's still going & busy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.