GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone up for a Fantasy F1 league?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/02/03 at 12:00
Regular
If so, let me know.

I'll have a hunt on the 'net later, and find one where we can all go into our own league, and I'll post the details up as and when.

Cheers.
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:00
Regular
If so, let me know.

I'll have a hunt on the 'net later, and find one where we can all go into our own league, and I'll post the details up as and when.

Cheers.
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:02
"Darkness, always"
I believe a thread mentions this idea toward the bottom of the page..
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:19
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I seem to remember whupping you on that other online one.

You are more than welcome to organise a repeat encounter in a futile attempt to even the scores :)
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:19
Regular
"smile, it's free"
(Direct at YH, in case that needed clarifying)
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:46
Regular
I see Venom. I'll get you this year sunshine.

I've got a lecture in a bit, but hopfeully later this afternoon I can find a good free one, and I'll put all the details up.
Fri 21/02/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Granprix is doing something similar to this, but if it's different then I wouldn't mind being in it.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:50
Regular
I think he is running the races on his PC, then putting ther results up.

I was thinking of doing a proper one online, based on this years teams/cars etc.

You get given a set amount of money, and have to buy in a chassis, driver, engine etc, and the person with the most points at the end of the season wins.

I'm in a lecture now, but I'll hunt about online at 4, when this finishes, and sign up for one.
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:41
Regular
Right, I've set one up, but because of some trouble they had last season, the league has to be approved - to stop people having rude league names.

You can go have a look round the site: www.dreamracers.com

Its FREE to sign up, and you can try to join our league, passcode is: special_reserve

I'm not sure how long it'll be before we can add teams to the league, only a day or so I guess, but you can add a team to the overall league now. Here's the rules and stuff:

ONLY ONE TEAM MAY BE ENTERED PER PERSON AND/OR EMAIL ADDRESS, if you are found, or judged in our opinion, to have broken this rule, then your team WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.

Should at the end of the season two or more teams tie for the lead, the winner will be decided by a tiebreaker. Here is what you must decided upon for your entry;
1) Three drivers
2) Choice of chassis,
3) Choice of engine supplier,
4) Choice of tyre supplier,
5) Your team name (remember you are up for the case of beer!), and your name.

Of your three different drivers; one of which must be from the £5m category (test driver), the other two drivers must cost greater than £5m. All your components must be within a budget of £75m. You cannot go over budget.

REMEMBER YOUCAN MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR TEAM DURING THE SEASON - A PROVEN WAY TO WIN!!!

Scoring is done as per the following, and the Fantasy league administrators decision is final, and if you need any further information – please ask.

Scoring details:
Qualifying
Pole position driver +5 points
Driver failing to qualify -5 points
Drivers will only be penalised for failing to qualify if they put in a time outside 107% of the time made by the driver in pole position (i.e. failing to qualify as in FIA rules). Should a driver allowed to participate in a race, even though he is outside the 107% time, he will NOT be deducted 5 points.

Race
Drivers
ALL DRIVERS SCORE OR LOSE POINTS, TEST DRIVER INCLUDED

Finishing position:
1st 10 points
2nd 8points
3rd 6points
4th 5points
5th 4points
6th 3points
7th 2points
8th 1point

Drivers will be awarded 1 point for two positions they make up on their original grid position, but will NOT be deducted points for losing places.

i.e.
Driver 'a' starts the race in 15th position and finishes in 12th, and is awarded 1 point
Driver 'b' starts in 6th and finishes in 2rd, and is awarded 10 points (8 for 2nd and 2 for made positions)

Any driver failing to finish the first lap will be deducted 5 points, and should no-one retire on lap 0, then the first retirement will be penalised, and any driver retiring on that same lap.

Should a driver, for whatever reason, during the course of the season not attend a race weekend (i.e. - injury, sacked, or has no team), IT IS UP TO YOU TO CHANGE YOUR TEAM. However, he will not score or lose points if you do not make the change.

Chassis
Chassis will only score for its highest placed car, and then will be awarded points in the same manner as the finishing positions (1st to 8th place awarded 10 to 1 points as set out for the drivers).

NO RETIREMENT PENALTY FOR CHASSIS.

Engine
Engines score points for their finishing positions (1st to 8th place awarded 10 to 1 points as above) but with a retirement penalty as set out for the drivers. Both engines can score points and can also lose points; every engine retirement loses 2 point.

Tyres
Tyres score 5 points for each win.

NO RETIREMENT PENALTY FOR TYRES.

Tie-Breaker
For your tie-break question you must guess at the total time for pole position for the entire 2003 season. (go to Forix where with some work, you can find out the time for 2002, which will give you something to work from, or you could just guess!).

Here's the prices of everything:

DRIVERS
£35m
Schumacher, M

£25m
Barrichello

£20m
Montoya Schumacher, R

£18m
Coulthard Raikkonen

£15m
Trulli

£12m
Alonso Button Fisichella Villenueve

£10m
Frentzen Heidfeld

£5m - Test Driver
da Matta Panis Pizzonia Verstappen
Webber Wilson Firman

CHASSIS ENGINES

£35m £32m
Ferrari Ferrari

£30m £25m
McLaren Williams BMW Mercedes

£20m £18m
Renault Renault

£18m £15m
Jordan Ford

£15m £12m
BAR Sauber Cosworth* Honda
Petronas
£10m
Jaguar Toyota £10m
Toyota
£5m
Minardi

Tyres
Bridgestone £5m
Michellin £2m
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:42
Regular
Crap, the engines and chassis came out funny.

Sorry.
Fri 21/02/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, I never turn anything to do with F1.

(For anyone that wants to know, mine is different.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.