GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Left 4 Dead"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Left 4 Dead'.
Mon 17/11/08 at 09:21
Regular
"THFC"
Downloaded the demo and i have to say - i like it. Great fun playing with 3 other people surviving the Zombies. If you had 3 mates playing alongside you then this game would be great.

Don't know how much replay value it will have but hopefully the price will be slightly lower. Really enjoyed the demo and while the graphics in game are not the best they do work well and the game seemed to flow pretty well.

Will probably wait a few weeks and then pick this one up when my mates do or if people on here are going to get it. Quite satisfying smacking a Zombie with a shotgun around the head to protect your mate!

Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this one, and if your thinking about getting it!
Mon 17/11/08 at 09:21
Regular
"THFC"
Downloaded the demo and i have to say - i like it. Great fun playing with 3 other people surviving the Zombies. If you had 3 mates playing alongside you then this game would be great.

Don't know how much replay value it will have but hopefully the price will be slightly lower. Really enjoyed the demo and while the graphics in game are not the best they do work well and the game seemed to flow pretty well.

Will probably wait a few weeks and then pick this one up when my mates do or if people on here are going to get it. Quite satisfying smacking a Zombie with a shotgun around the head to protect your mate!

Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this one, and if your thinking about getting it!
Mon 17/11/08 at 12:53
"possibly impossible"
Downloaded but still not played. Looks fun. Will be on this as soon as I can.

The COD5 Zombie Nazi game looks fun online as well, getting credits to open up new part of the house while Zombies invade.
Mon 17/11/08 at 13:03
Regular
"eat toast!"
i've got the demo and its not bad online. I only managed to complete the demo once on expert with some online chums (one friend and his friend) and it was tough. Only me and one other person survived. (i could tell you the epic story but thats boring)

The AI isn't bad as it'll frequently coordinate with you whereas 3 human players is much tougher.

But having played it several times. I've found the game a bit boringly now. Whilst it boasts that each game is unique, the events are relatively similar. Theres only so many places that you could spawn weapons or extra ammo locations and the linearity of the game means it limits it further.

Another concern is the last appeal of the levels. Unless mods and lots and lots of maps are churned out the few maps in the 4 chapters isn't going to last long. I sat through the demo in less then an hour.

still torn whether to get it or not. 19.99 isn't breaking the bank, but still...

we should try a Freeola l4d session or something on the pc.

Most pathetic moment in l4d? Joining a game during a fight and within less then a minuate i was already dead.
Mon 17/11/08 at 22:34
Regular
"Metal.. Gear?!?"
This looks good, i wanted it on the play station but xbox and pc only, that sucks, but still.. i played the demo which is fun and i might consider it for the pc when i get paid, lol
Tue 18/11/08 at 08:10
Regular
"THFC"
It is very much worth a look, i do not know how much i would pay for it, because once you have gone through it then that would probably be it unless the achievements looked appealing. But i imagine the story will not be the greatest but form what i played, controls, graphics and all in all it was good...... one i will put on "the list"
Tue 18/11/08 at 09:27
Regular
"eat toast!"
For me, its the mods and ai director that will be the deciding factor. Play with chums and its not bad, play with the AI and its a bit dull.

If you're going for the pc, its deciding whether to shell out 19.97 to preorder it. Its immensely appealing. But i have my reservations as to how long it'll last. Its not like UT where you had lashings of the good stuff.
Tue 18/11/08 at 09:35
"possibly impossible"
The problem I have with PC games is that my graphics card is the only thing not up to the task of playing them.

However, looking at bigger GForce cards it looks as if I would need a bigger PSU to cope with them and that means fiddling about with all the power connections to my PC.

I currently have a Gforce 64MB 7300 SE, it can actually use 256MB if you include leeching the system memory, but it's not ideal. I'd be looking at the 8 series to replace it.
Tue 18/11/08 at 11:53
Regular
"eat toast!"
my current pc specs is a p4 3ghz 2gb 7800gs 512mb and it runs the game well enough if you're prepared to scale things between medium and low and disable vsynch and the filtering and such (doesn't add that much anyway).

So i might be stuck with noone to play this game with eh?
Thu 20/11/08 at 08:18
Regular
"THFC"
I mentioned in the WLT topic that i played last night with 2 friends and one computer. Which was really fun, talking over the mic's as you bash in the zombies, sav eyour mates from hordes of undead people. If it was the full game i would be really happy with it, mix the fun of the co-op with achievements and i think you would have a really good game.

But i will have to see if my friends pick the game up, as i think playing just co-op with randoms is not as much fun!
Thu 20/11/08 at 10:51
"possibly impossible"
The Eurogamer review actually says playing with random people actually makes it better as it fits the scenario well.

But after playing the demo a few times myself I'm tempted to get this too. Whether it comes before or after Christmas remains to be seen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.