GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"help with slideshow"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/11/08 at 23:16
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya,

i have a script that displays a random pic but would like to change the script so its a random slide show. If you can help me with the code please reply and i'll post the script. many thx.
Mon 17/11/08 at 17:24
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya, thanks for your reply, ive already seen the script that your link refers to, the prob with that script is, you have to manually rename every file that is uploaded, the script i was hoping to use reads the upload folder and adds the pics to the random slideshow as soon as they r uploaded.

ive found many random slide show scripts, but they all require the files to be renamed.
ive also found a few random pic script which dont require the files to be rename, but these scripts only display a different pic on every reload.
maybe im just looking for the best of both worlds

if you can find or know of a script for a random slideshow that doesn't require the files to be renamed and also resizes the pics if they are over a certain width that would be great.

Many thanks for your help, Tappet
Mon 17/11/08 at 09:58
"Are you sure?"
It may be easier to start with a random slide show script rather than trying to 're-invent the wheel'. This is the first one I found after a quick Google: random image slideshow.

But if you still want to work with your script I'm sure someone here will be able to help...

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 16/11/08 at 23:16
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya,

i have a script that displays a random pic but would like to change the script so its a random slide show. If you can help me with the code please reply and i'll post the script. many thx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.