GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Region Change on PS2 Help"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/01/01 at 13:09
Regular
Ok,
Can play UK DVDs no problem, got a USA one,but got the "Unable to read disc, different region" message.
Ok, put the UK one back in, set the region to USA, restarted the machine and lo and behold, still won't read the disc.

Is it me or is the region code change facility pointless?
Am I doing something wrong here?
Play UK DVD, press select, change the region, restart and nowt.

I didnt expect to play multi-region, but to put the option there to change (with no effect) is just plain frustrating.

Any ideas?
Tue 16/01/01 at 08:34
soldering an additional chip into the ps2 corrects the vertical cup-holder bug?

cool!

Alledgedly, Sony are releasing a software upgrade to registered ps2 users which will supply a zone of "perpendicular gravity" to solve this problem.

It'll turn all your drinks green, though.
Mon 15/01/01 at 14:48
Regular
the only way to change this is to solder an additional chip inside the ps2
Wed 10/01/01 at 22:13
"High polygon count"
Yeah, I think there's a problem with my drinks holder, cos it doesn't work properly in the vertical position - it keeps causing the drink to spill from the cup.
Wed 10/01/01 at 15:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Rats
Thought as much. Durn Sony and their taunting me with region changes that do nothing.
But it makes smashing toasted sandwiches, so cant complain too much.
And the drinks tray that pops out is top too.
Wed 10/01/01 at 14:52
"High polygon count"
Don't know what the point of the region change option is, really... but no, your UK PS2 will only play regions 2 (UK) and 0 (global) discs.
Wed 10/01/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok,
Can play UK DVDs no problem, got a USA one,but got the "Unable to read disc, different region" message.
Ok, put the UK one back in, set the region to USA, restarted the machine and lo and behold, still won't read the disc.

Is it me or is the region code change facility pointless?
Am I doing something wrong here?
Play UK DVD, press select, change the region, restart and nowt.

I didnt expect to play multi-region, but to put the option there to change (with no effect) is just plain frustrating.

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.