GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the games and DVD's like on the playstation 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/01/01 at 10:58
Regular
Tell me about the quality of the games and DVD's
Fri 12/01/01 at 11:03
DVD quality is a mixed bag, while the majority of discs don't exhitbit problems there's a significant that either have sound sync or "unable to read disc" problems.

The playback navigation functions are limited to chapter number entry, freeze-frame, next/prev chapter and an awkward forward/backward jog. The fan at the back of the machine is distracting unless you're used to watching movies on a PC.

And to compound all that, the best image you get out of it is all green. Basically the cheapest set-top player you can buy in the high-street has greater functional capability and yeilds a better viewing experience. Don't expect DVD wonders from the PS2. It'll get you by until you get a "real" player.

Fortunatley the launch games (generally they are a mixed bag for any format) make the whole PS2 experience worthwhile - and they are getting better. SSX, FIFA, DOA2, TTT and Kessen show off the machine really well. Others have been "OK" but seem to be lacking in quality, they don't feel like "next generation" games, F1, Fantavision.

But the second wave of games is set to blow everyone out of the water. Gran Turismo 3, Moto GP, Dropship, Ace Combat 4 look real special.

Fri 12/01/01 at 09:50
Regular
"Complete Banker"
The three games I've got SSX, TimeSplitters and TTT are all very good. SSX and TS are the best two because TTT is really just Tekken 3 with tekken Bowl (Very cool), a Tag option and fancy graphics. This is no bad thing, in fact TTT is very good. It's just I play SSX and TS more.
DVD playback is excellent and I can't complain.
Wed 10/01/01 at 10:58
Tell me about the quality of the games and DVD's

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.