GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Welcome to Racoon City'......"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 18:07
Regular
the sign said, as i stepped from the train.
Pretty quiet for a city, i thought as i looked around, apart from the low moaning noise, which the wind seemed to carry.
I threw my backpack over my shoulder and walked to the station exit. Not a soul in sight. A streetlight flickered then went out leaving a trail of long shadows as i arrived on the silent streets.
Hope the YHA's still open, i thought as i walked through the dim lit streets, struggling to find my lonely planet guide in my pack. The moaning seemed to grow a little louder. I passed the Racoon City Police Dept. I can always ask there if i get lost, i thought. As the door of the Police dept flew open, i nearly soiled myself...........
Tue 11/03/03 at 12:55
He lurched forwards, arms outstretched, he threw himself against the bars of my cell, i stumbled backwards and fell. He couldnt get in, but it didnt stop him reaching through the bars making grabs into thin air. Thick red saliva drooled from his gaping maw, his nose was missing, a pus filled hole where it was, glaring eyes milky white. As he flung his arm around trying to reach me, an ear fell off. I laughed involuntarily, more nerves than humour. I almost retched as his head suddenly exploded, whatever rot left in there flew all over me, i threw up.
'You ok?'
She was back, a shotgun in her hands, blood dribled from her shoulder where the thing bit her.
' i found the key, we'd better go, before more of them come'
' I'd rather stay here' I replied, spitting out a diced carrot.
' Not a good idea, i insist, lets go' She pulled out the key from her pocket and opened the celldoor.
In she reached and pulled me out, still feeling sick, i offered little resistance as she led me through the cell area, we reached a set of stairs, as we made our way up, i felt faint, all i could see was the stairs, everything else black out.
My cheek suddenly hurt, she'd slapped me. 'Pull yourself together, i need you'
She needed me, i just thought of the inuendo, it seemed to bring me round, my vision cleared, i quickly wished it hadnt. As i focused my eyes were drawn to the top of the stairs, someone or something was waiting to greet us..........
Fri 07/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Chris Morris"
.......It was a man, or at least I thought it was. He had scars and wounds all over his body. Large chunks were missing from his badly burned face. Was this guy okay? He grabed the police officer and to my surprise.....he bit her shoulder. She threw him off and he landed with a thud on the floor. The woman took out her handgun and shot. Not once, but five times.
The man stood up! He moaned and limped towards her. He tried the gun again but - CLICK - she was out of ammo.
'I'll be back!' She shouted, and ran off.
The creature limped towards my cell........
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:55
After the...er....unexpected drink, which i foolishly drunk without question!!! I awoke in a locked cell, the policeman stared at me from outside.
'You're safer in here, for now, i won't be long'
'Wait' I shouted after his dissapearing form, But my head hurt so much i couldnt continue.
What seemed like hours passed, he did'nt return, I thought i'd heard a scream once, but was'nt sure, i'd convinced myself it was the wind, my head ached still, there was no pillow on the sparse bed, but i tried to sleep again, anyway.
I heard a noise, i drifted out of dreamland to find a female police officer at the door.
' You ok? You're human i guess?'
' Well i'm not from Mars.'
' Dont joke, this is serious. What are you in for?'
' A copper locked me in, for my safety he said'
' That was wise, but we've got to leave now, did he leave the key?'
' Dunno, did'nt see it'
' I'll have to get the key, i won't be long'
' Can't you shoot the lock?'
She looked at me blankly. ' I need the key'
A low moaning , a shadow behind her, arms outstretched, someone made a grab for her.............
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Brrrrr."
..."drink this" the policeman said. "It'll warm you up". Agreeing to do so was his first bid mistake. Everythin around him went blurred him and he hit the floor of the policeman's office with a heavy 'thud'.
Thu 20/02/03 at 09:09
The policeman glared at me, shotgun pointed at my head, he looked scared, very scared.
'You're not one of them, who are you?' He spat out.
'Just a traveller, names Henry, Henry Dribblethwaite i replied.
'You're not from around here' A statement more than a question.
'Yorkshire, England.'
'Man, you picked a h£ll of a place to come to, get inside quick.'
I followed him into the police dept. The place was in a mess, everything strewn around, tables, chairs, plants covered the floor, some blood too, or tomato sauce.....i thought the former.
'Whats up?' I asked.
'You dont want to know.' He snapped back.
A scraping sound came from a closed door to the left, the same low moaning i heard before. The police guy shot a glance at the door and grimaced. 'Follow me, and stay close.' He said, heading towards the same door.......
Wed 19/02/03 at 18:07
the sign said, as i stepped from the train.
Pretty quiet for a city, i thought as i looked around, apart from the low moaning noise, which the wind seemed to carry.
I threw my backpack over my shoulder and walked to the station exit. Not a soul in sight. A streetlight flickered then went out leaving a trail of long shadows as i arrived on the silent streets.
Hope the YHA's still open, i thought as i walked through the dim lit streets, struggling to find my lonely planet guide in my pack. The moaning seemed to grow a little louder. I passed the Racoon City Police Dept. I can always ask there if i get lost, i thought. As the door of the Police dept flew open, i nearly soiled myself...........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.