GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Movies rock!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 15:55
Regular
Well in america movies rock! in the uk films rock!

Have to say one film i never get bored of watching is INDEPENDENCE DAY ! i love that film even thought it isnt exactly the latest film.
Thu 20/02/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Although I hate the patriotic nature of Independence Day, I do still find it good cheesy entertainment.
Jeff Goldblum's dad still cracks me up, but that guy with the strange husky voice still really annoys me, cough man for god sake!
Thu 20/02/03 at 10:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I never watch films thinking "well that would never happen in real life" in fact I hate it when people say that, it's really annoying.

The trouble with Independence Day is it just has too many things that annoy me. I really liked it when I first say it years ago, but now I'd only ever watch it if I had a craving to see mindless action with no substance, but seeing as I have a few DVDs which cater for that anyway, it kind of makes the film obsolete.
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:25
"Darkness, always"
Coming from someone who slates films if their effects aren't up to scratch...
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:08
Regular
"That's right!"
I really like Independance Day, it's just a good, entertaining film. If you watch every film with a "this is crap/that wouldn't happen" mood, then you're a very sad person indeed.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:51
"Darkness, always"
"Tarquin"

lol!
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I use to love Independence Day, way back in the day when I had no real taste in movies. Now I find it's nothing more than passable entertainment.

The thing which irritates me most about that film, besides that stupid patriotic speech done by the president of planet America, and that un-realistic and quite stupid looking tunnel scene, was the bit where it showed other countries getting the message from the US on the up-coming Ariel attack.

"Oh jolly god, those spiffing yanks have a plan"
"Well it's about bloody time, when do we go and fight those dastardly aliens"
"After the president of Earth gives an overly patriotic speech that'll make even the most patriotic American cringe"
"So what will one do in the mean time?"
"Hmmm, I know, lets have tea and crumpets and good old game of cricket"
"why tarquin that is a smashing idea"

OK so that's not exactly what what was said, but you get the point.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:22
"Darkness, always"
Don't forget, in The War of The Worlds, it's the Brits who are the only ones to put up any form of resistance against the Martians...
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Then agaion, I guess it is an American film, so it's their ballgame.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
What gets me about Independence Day is the annoying patroitic nature of the flick. America saves the day, and all the British say is, "oh, those jolly good Americans have saved the day. Hurrah for the brilliant all-conquering Americans".

*Lets off a Jerry Springer audience style chant of "USA, USA, USA"*
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
SHEEPY wrote:
> How bad is that scene in the tunnel, when the stupid dog jumps into
> the door... stupid.

I would love to see an alternative version where the dog just fails to reach the door in time and gets turned into a flammin' hot dog.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.